“Favorite Mediterranean Place”

Andy's Mediterranean Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Andy's Mediterranean Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,224 of 1,975 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Metro Bus Stop numbers 69,16,4,11, and 1 up the street
Description: Small corner store quickly grew as Andy, with brother Majed, infused the establishment with authentic family recipes developed and lovingly served for generations. Andy transformed the once modest neighborhood deli into a fun and funky restaurant offering unique Mediterranean dishes with his own personal touch. Best of all, Andy's tasty creations are handmade from only the freshest ingredients. Today, the Hajjars are proud to serve the most authentic and traditional Middle Eastern cuisine available in the Tri-State. Receive a warm welcome from Andy himself as soon as you enter the cozy restaurant to begin your meal. Complete your dining experience with dessert and Lebanese coffee or enjoy on final Middle Eastern tradition in the form of a relaxing smoking pipe. Enjoy the finest Middle Eastern cooking from our family to yours! Award winning Restaurant: Best Entree, best of Cincinnati, best belly dance, silver spoon award 2010, best greek
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Favorite Mediterranean Place”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Eat here often for lunch and love it. Food is yummy and the service is great. I would recommend this place to anyone. Owner and his family are very friendly/appreciative of your patronage.

• Visited December 2012

Cincinnati
“Good atmosphere, food was just ok”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I really wanted to like this place. I'm a huge fan of kabobs. So we tried this place.

First, the atmosphere. It was the best part about the place. You can tell that someone spent a good bit of time painting, decorating. It's tastefully done. Almost like you stepped outside of Cincinnati for a while.

Service was ok. For the most part, our drinks were filled and we were attended to. Our server was a little lack luster, but I noted that she was the exception. Most servers seemed to be upbeat and accommodating.

Ok, the food. I really wanted to like it. We got samosa as an appetizer; it was really good. My main meal was shish tawook. Basically marinated chicken on skewers with rice. I kind of choked down the chicken. In my opinion, it was over marinated. The chicken had what appeared to be coagulated cooked debris all over it. My wife got regular shish kabobs. Her meal was just kinda plain, lacking in any flavor or distinction. We both got rice with our meals. The rice was the highlight of the meal.

Again, I really wanted to like this place. But honestly, I prefer my amateur kabobs that I make at the house.....

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank CinciJim
Federal Way, Washington
“Good but not exceptional - Food authentic”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We enjoyed Andy's and found the food to be tasty and authentic but not memorable. In the last 5 years, we have spent 3 weeks each in Morocco, Egypt, Turkey and Greece and we really enjoy an exceptional restaurant in Bellevue, WA called the Mediterranean Kitchen. These were our standards of comparison. We agree that it is somewhat more expensive than we would expect but perhaps 20%, not the 50% some have suggested. We had the Jumbo mediterranean Sampler($24) and Hashweh ($18 lamb on rice) and it was more than enough for 2. The prices on the menu were higher than the prices listed on the website. We enjoyed the variety of the sampler, just about everything they had on the menu. The bread was home made and hot but it was not what I would have expected. It looked about right but when you tore into it, the core was sold and did not separate into the hollow pocket that is so useful in scouping up the food. In Egypt and Morocco, it is often served right out of the oven and blown up like a little balloon. Service was good. Baklawa for desert was large and worth $3.5 as was the coffee at $2.

• Visited September 2012
Cynthiana, ky
“Such a waste of money”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

I got a good deal with a restaurant.com gift certificate, thought I'd give it a try. The cabbage roll was absolutely terrible, almost gagged. they brought 8, my boyfriend and I ate three. They were just bad. The waiter was nice, but kept trying to say that my boyfriends meal didn't come with a salad, said the same to the table behind us about their meals. The chicken I ordered was very bad. There was no seasoning. One piece was over cooked (possibly grilled) and the other piece was questionable as to rather it was done, we left it. The rice was not seasoned at all, reminded me of the 99 Cent bags of lipton rice. Refills were hard to get. My boyfriend ordered a wrap which was okay, with Mediterranean style fries. Which now I know means "baked without salt". Plus after $25 off I still spent $45.00

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Lisa B
Atlanta
“Overpriced but okay”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I live a few minutes walk to Andy's and I love Mediterranean food so I have eaten at this restaurant several times in the past 4 years. My recent visit (August 2012) confirmed my opinion. Because there is not a large selection of ethnic food *options in Cincinnati, it is a nice option IF.... you do not mind spending $16-$21 per entree. The food is fine to okay at best. I have never had something that tasted bad, but there is nothing that is exceptionally good. If the prices were literally cut in half, then I would probably like the place and recommend it, but at these prices I feel the food, service and atmosphere is just not worth the money. Even with the specials and coupons, the food is not great.
By the way, it is not handicap accessible. Even after the building/patio renovations they did last year, they still did not make it accessible.
*Note- If you are willing to drive 15-45 minutes out of the downtown area, there is a wide variety of ethnic food options in the metro area, but this is not like a diverse city that has 3-5 Mediterranean or Cuban or Korean or Ethiopian restaurants in a 5 mile radius. (and it is certainly not like a big city that has one of each within a 2 mile radius).

• Visited August 2012