“Good fish ... good fellows”

Tony's Of Cincinnati
Reserve with OpenTable
Tony's Of Cincinnati is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 2,031 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Fields Ertel
Reviewed July 16, 2014

Business dinner with colleagues in Cincy.
We decided for this restaurant after finding others closed.
Steaks or fish .... ????
Fish..
Fantastic shrimp and crab legs...and then I got tuna...
I aked it rear...so...it was well cooked but maybe they put too much topping on it...
The fish seemed very fresh anyway...
Good choice of wines...
Try it...you'lll find it really good here.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

Amy and I went back to Tony's to give it another try. I will mention that Tony did send us a gift card to use after our last visit. Amy and I appreciated that and I desperately wanted to give them a better review. If I could give a 3.5 out of 5 I would. It was pleasantly busy on a Monday night. We split the crab cake appetizer. It was delicious and worth the wait as they bake it here versus pan frying it. The salad and starch come with the entree. Amy had the 9 oz filet and I had the NY Strip for the main course. They were both cooked medium as requested. The Strip had a lot more flavor than the filet, but they were both very good. After sharing the crab cake, we could have easily split one entree. It will be nice to have leftovers tonight. One thing to be conscious of is that if you order the Blue Cheese dressing for the iceberg wedge, it is a$3 up charge. It might not seem like much, but when you are having a $40+ steak, it is a bit shocking to look at the bill and see $3 for salad dressing. Unfortunately, this was not explained by the server up front. Amy would have ordered the ranch dressing if it was. The manager did remove the charge from the bill after explaining how the blue cheese dressing has crumbles in it resulting in the additional charge.

Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

Gave Tony's marginal review last month. They contacted me and made it right by me. Very happy with their courteous response. Very classy establishment. I will be going there again and I will let you know how that visit went.

Reviewed June 14, 2014

Saturday night before Mother's Day and a packed house. The service was, as if, we were the only party in the house. The food was excellent and Tony was ever present. He runs the place very reminiscent of Louisville KY Restaurateurs, Ed Hasenour, Fred Kunz, Bill Boland-to mention a few. They are gone but not forgotten. If you want a superb steak house you can not do better than Tony's. as close to perfection as you can get.

Reviewed May 24, 2014

Refined Restaurant, staff very very polite. Both Steaks and Seafood, Food quality is great. I had fillet mignon, it was tasteful, fantastic. Salads is very very fresh. If you are looking for an American Steakhouse, this is what you need if you are in the Cincinnati north area

1  Thank Nicola A