“A mixed bag.”

Good for: Scenic view, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Francis Lane
Description: Comfortable, sophisticated dining in a fun environment. The restaurant received a coveted 4-star rating from The Cincinnati Enquirer, and the restaurant's patio has earned it Diners' Choice distinctions for Best Outdoor Dining in the city. View Cucina offers a new menu filled with contemporay cuisine as well as the signature American dishes VIEW patrons have come to love and crave. Private dining space is available for corporate functions, family gatherings, wedding rehearsals and receptions and other events.
Florida
“A mixed bag.”
Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

Now under new management and called View Cucina. Food is a mixed bag. My wife's chicken piccata was good, my pork loin dry--probably would have been good with a sauce. My side veggies were way over cooked. Small wine list. Staff was friendly. View is great, especially if the weather permits sitting on outdoor patio. We ate on a rainy Sunday evening so the kitchen's A-Team might not have been on duty. RGinTally

Visited May 2013

Cincinnati, Ohio
“So glad we tried this restaurant!”
Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

We tried this restaurant out for my wife's birthday and there were no regrets! We had reservations and were seated immediately. It is a very small place, but tasteful and cozy. We had crab cakes for the appetizer, and they were great. I ordered the scallops, and she got the meatloaf Wellington. The scallops were amazing. Do yourself a favor and get them! My wife's Wellington wasn't cooked fully, the pastry was raw and gummy. They tried to correct it, but it was still raw. She ordered the braised short ribs, and was glad she did. She said they were great. The chef made her special chocolate truffles to make up for the Wellington. She said they were warm and delicious. The service and attention was perfect. The manager spent time with us and made sure we were pleased. He seemed to really care. Try this place, you won't regret it!!

Independence, KY
“Hasn't Changed”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

This restaurant has been a favorite over the past few years and recently changed ownership. We are glad to say that the changes are minimal; the menu is very good with something for everyone, the service is very good and the management and staff are friendly.
And, of course, the view is magnificant and unchanged.

• Visited March 2013
cincinnati
“Fabulous”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

My husband and I celebrated our 33rd Anniversary last Friday night at the View. What an amazing experience! I ordered the Filet Mignon and my husband had the Candied Bacon Jam Scallops. Of course we had to try each others dishes. The Filet was Great! So tender you could have cut it with a fork and the Scallops were perfectly cooked and equally delicious! It seemed only fitting for us each to try each others dinner choice and I loved the bacon jam on the scallops and the butternut squash mashed potatoes were the best! The view of the lights from the city made a very nice backdrop and they had a very nice trio playing music. The owner came around several times to make sure we were enjoying the food. My husband and I will definitely be going back to the View! It was Wonderful! I can't wait to go when the patio is open!

• Visited January 2013
Amelia, Ohio
“Great atomosphere, good service, excellent food”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

The food was excellent. I had the goat cheese ravioli and the sauces were fanastic. A nice by the glass wine selection. The servers were all attentive without being intrusive. The view is outstanding and the firepalce on a winters evening was a great addition.

• Visited December 2012