We had a wonderful, romantic meal. The food was glorious. I started with the stuffed squab wrapped in pastry. The pastry was perfect and the squab was something I have never had but loved the rich, gamey flavor. My wife had the oxtail ravioli which we had read was a top dish. It was very good, but the pasta was not perfect (a little dry). The entrees were amazing combination of flavors. The duck, like the squab, was perfectly prepared. The short ribs were very good. I especially enjoyed the pairing with figs, wilted greens, and squash. For dessert, my wife had the creme brûlée which was very good. I had the Napoleon with strawberries. The dark chocolate gelato was good, but the rest needed more cream.
- every dish was paired with a reduction sauce.
- the pairing of flavors in each dish was excellent
not so good
- deserts - few options and not great
- service -ok but not great. no personality, slow, I expect more at a great restaurant
-wines by the glass - not good
- Absinthe -I wanted to see the preparation but it was done at the bar and not at the table.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.