“Saturday evening” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Poste - CLOSED

La Poste
Cuisines: American, International, Mediterranean, Contemporary, Gluten Free
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Ludlow
Description: Strolling the ever-energetic and eclectic streets of Clifton's Gaslight District, you will find our expansive and bright wall of windows just around the corner from the Esquire Theater. We are located on Telford Street in one of Cincinnati's most vibrant neighborhoods speckled with unique shops and galleries. Valet parking is available for your convenience. Friendly greetings and the heavenly aromas of Chef Andrew Mersmann's fare are waiting for you...
“Saturday evening”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I took my wife for an evening night out to La Poste. We got a reservation a day in advance without difficulty. We were seated promptly, no waiting for our table even though they were full. We did not like the menu selections for the evening. They appear to be driven by the chef, which makes sense; however, we thought they were a bit too eclectic for our taste. My wife had a salad and the crab cake appetizier. Both were very good. She was suprised by the vinergar reduction, it was excellent on her salad. I had one of the specials, walleye, which was prepared very well. We shared a dessert and thought it was perfect. The room is noisey. Ther service was excellent. We will go back but will probably ask what is on the menu at the time before we confirm the reservation. Do make a reservation to ensure you are seated timely. Nice evening overall.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Jay F

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Rivals Boca for Best in Cincinnati”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

We had a delightful experience at La Poste. The service was perfect, attentive, friendly, engaging without being pretentious. Casual, upscale, light and airy atmosphere makes for a nice ambiance. The food was amazing. I had a banana salad which was a first -inventive and delicious along with the Flounder Veronique. My companion had the apple salad and the risotto which were also amazing. Also, I must say that the drinks were perfect, a gin and tonic made with just the right balance was perfect for a summer night. Finally, dessert: flour less chocolate, delightful.

• Visited June 2013
Somerville, Ohio
“Applause”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Cuisine was quite delightful to my palate and rather a wonderful surprise each course. The value and experience were exceptional.
Perhaps more outstanding than the food was the service.

• Visited May 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Really good food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

My wife and I went here for Valentine's Day. I had never even heard of it before trying to find something different for dinner. The food was absolutely fantastic. We had two of the salads, followed by some excellent mussels with a broth that I wanted to gulp down. I had the duck breast for my entree and my wife had the risotto. The duck breast was cooked perfectly. The root vegetable puree and faux gras sauce were great accompaniments. Our service was top notch. The tables were spaced out nicely so other conversations didn't interrupt ours.

• Visited February 2013
Cold Spring, Kentucky
“Great Food and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I had never heard of La Poste before eating here with my Mom back in February. It was definitely one of the better meals I've had in the city of Cincinnati though. Everything was great, from the service to the food and to the wine, it was definitely a very good meal. Our server helped us figure out what we wanted to order and even had me try a meal that I wouldn't have normally ate and it ended up being absolutely amazing. I would recommend this place to couples or friends for an intimate, nice dinner out.

• Visited February 2013