“Rivals Boca for Best in Cincinnati”
Review of La Poste - CLOSED

La Poste
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Ludlow
Description: Strolling the ever-energetic and eclectic streets of Clifton's Gaslight District, you will find our expansive and bright wall of windows just around the corner from the Esquire Theater. We are located on Telford Street in one of Cincinnati's most vibrant neighborhoods speckled with unique shops and galleries. Valet parking is available for your convenience. Friendly greetings and the heavenly aromas of Chef Andrew Mersmann's fare are waiting for you...
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We had a delightful experience at La Poste. The service was perfect, attentive, friendly, engaging without being pretentious. Casual, upscale, light and airy atmosphere makes for a nice ambiance. The food was amazing. I had a banana salad which was a first -inventive and delicious along with the Flounder Veronique. My companion had the apple salad and the risotto which were also amazing. Also, I must say that the drinks were perfect, a gin and tonic made with just the right balance was perfect for a summer night. Finally, dessert: flour less chocolate, delightful.

There are newer reviews for La Poste

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Cuisine was quite delightful to my palate and rather a wonderful surprise each course. The value and experience were exceptional.
Perhaps more outstanding than the food was the service.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

My wife and I went here for Valentine's Day. I had never even heard of it before trying to find something different for dinner. The food was absolutely fantastic. We had two of the salads, followed by some excellent mussels with a broth that I wanted to gulp down. I had the duck breast for my entree and my wife had the risotto. The duck breast was cooked perfectly. The root vegetable puree and faux gras sauce were great accompaniments. Our service was top notch. The tables were spaced out nicely so other conversations didn't interrupt ours.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

I had never heard of La Poste before eating here with my Mom back in February. It was definitely one of the better meals I've had in the city of Cincinnati though. Everything was great, from the service to the food and to the wine, it was definitely a very good meal. Our server helped us figure out what we wanted to order and even had me try a meal that I wouldn't have normally ate and it ended up being absolutely amazing. I would recommend this place to couples or friends for an intimate, nice dinner out.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Thank goodness this place is in Clifton so we can get away from Indian food for a moment. It is a beautiful restaurant, the service is excellent and attentive without being overbearing, the wine list is superb, and the food is extremely well prepared. I've never been disappointed at La Poste, neither has anyone I know.