“Great Food and Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Poste - CLOSED

La Poste
Good for: Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Ludlow
Description: Strolling the ever-energetic and eclectic streets of Clifton's Gaslight District, you will find our expansive and bright wall of windows just around the corner from the Esquire Theater. We are located on Telford Street in one of Cincinnati's most vibrant neighborhoods speckled with unique shops and galleries. Valet parking is available for your convenience. Friendly greetings and the heavenly aromas of Chef Andrew Mersmann's fare are waiting for you...
Cold Spring, Kentucky
“Great Food and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I had never heard of La Poste before eating here with my Mom back in February. It was definitely one of the better meals I've had in the city of Cincinnati though. Everything was great, from the service to the food and to the wine, it was definitely a very good meal. Our server helped us figure out what we wanted to order and even had me try a meal that I wouldn't have normally ate and it ended up being absolutely amazing. I would recommend this place to couples or friends for an intimate, nice dinner out.

• 3 of 5 stars

“A Clifton Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Thank goodness this place is in Clifton so we can get away from Indian food for a moment. It is a beautiful restaurant, the service is excellent and attentive without being overbearing, the wine list is superb, and the food is extremely well prepared. I've never been disappointed at La Poste, neither has anyone I know.

Visited March 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Great menu, food, service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We went to La Poste prior to our playhouse in the park show. We told the server upon arriving that we needed to be out of there by 7:30. It was only 6pm. We promptly ordered after looking over the diverse and very interesting menu, and great specials. We received a free appetizer prior to our orders. However our main meals took a long time. It was after 7pm when we reminded the server of our timeline. We just didn’t want to have to rush through eating our meals. That said, the meals came out and everyone ate everything on their plates. We also received a free dessert that was to DIE for. Overall, I’d say this was a pleasant experience and we’ll go back to sample some other dishes.

I also wanted to note, that while I gave this a ($$$$), I ordered two appetizers for my meal and that was really inexpensive, but the main dishes are all over $25, with the specials at $40.

Cincinnati, Ohio
“V day in 5 courses”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

The special valentine day 5 courses menu, was how a 5 courses menu should always be. We travelled through 5 plates, surprising our palates, beautifully presented, with an exceptional selection of wine pairing.
The restaurant is divided in two sections, with one which is much more private and romantic than the other..

Chicago, Illinois
“Amazing find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

We recently had the opportunity to dine at La Poste and what an amazing find of a new restaurant for us the experience was. Every appetizer, entree, and dessert our party of four chose was outstanding! We also ordered wine that the sommelier aptly described and recommended and it was excellent as well. The ambiance is lovely, but the hands-down winning features of the restaurant are the food and service! As with 5-star restaurants, the service was professionally attentive and the support staff for our server made sure that we were attended to for all needs constantly, but we never felt "fawned over" or interrupted. We enjoyed a fabulous apple salad, incredible P.E.I. mussels and delectable scallops for appetizers. Our entrees were the magnificent Herbed Crusted Salmon, the Fish Feature which was flounder in a creamy wine sauce, and the outstanding fillet migneon. Presentations were exquisite. Flavor and tate were superb! Everyone sampled each other's and were all equally delighted! Closing with the bread pudding and creme brûlée were the coup-d-etat for the evening! As other reviewers have commented, this is an expensive evening but very well worth it! La Poste is a major asset to in the dining scene in Cincinnati!