“Highly Recommended”

Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Ludlow
Description: Strolling the ever-energetic and eclectic streets of Clifton's Gaslight District, you will find our expansive and bright wall of windows just around the corner from the Esquire Theater. We are located on Telford Street in one of Cincinnati's most vibrant neighborhoods speckled with unique shops and galleries. Valet parking is available for your convenience. Friendly greetings and the heavenly aromas of Chef Andrew Mersmann's fare are waiting for you...
Reviewed October 30, 2011

Wandering the eclectic, attractive Clifron neighborhood, encountered this casually elegant restaurant and throughly enjoyed it. Only complaint is the art on the wall, which is not great.

Reviewed October 23, 2011

I've always been disappointed by the dining prospects in the Clifton-Gaslight neighborhood of Cincinnati- La Poste is an amazing addition to Clifton and the city.

The setting was modern and trendy while retaining a warm and welcoming vibe.

The service was friendly and precise- based on earlier reviews someone has clearly cleaned house. Our waiter was knowledgable and willing to entertain questions about the amazing wine selection and appealing dishes. Additionally, other staff circulated about the dining room and were approachable and eager to serve. The mushroom ravioli was amazing, the suggested wine a new favorite, even the end-of-meal coffee was one of the best in town.

La Poste is worth the visit, and give yourself some time to explore the neighborhood while you're there

Reviewed September 26, 2011

I just don't get this place. Maybe I shouldn't have gone or left at an early part of the process but my dear wife heard raves about it and as she is usually good about picking places we gave this a try. As for me, I found this place to be very pretentious starting with the overemphasis on wine in the menu (took two pages of the four-page menu). I had to ask for a beer menu but they did at least have one which is good. They also could add a page for the specials rather than having the server go through it, a pet peeve of mine, particuarly in this case where the server was hard to hear in a loud room.

The food was good, not great; we had a salad and french fries (sorry, that what they are) and the entree was rabbit and risotto. We also had a dessert which was the high point which says something. As for the entree I do like both rabbit and risotto but I had to ask the busser if this was the correct order having not x-ray vision to see the risotto way on the bottom of the plate. My wife liked her food better, having ordered a fine salad, wine and their burger which is in her mind #2 or #3 in Cincinnati.

The service was good to excellent. I had a hard time hearing our server, his voice didn't carry well, but fortunately the server next to us stopped to the neighboring table and she cleared some info up for us. The rest of the team was also good to excellent.

The front of the house manager, reportedly the co-owner, did not bother to stop by.

The room was nice but way too loud. It's really too bad since I'm not sure there are that many other good choices in the Clifton area of Cincinnati.

Reviewed September 12, 2011

We had a restaraunt.com certificate so we could try it. The menu is limited and the food was not well presented or very tasty. The service was horrible. We felt that the regulars get one treatment and all the others are ignored. There was never a change to complain that our meal was not very good.

We have another certificate and at these prices, poor service and poor food will never use it.

1  Thank Dave-OH
Reviewed June 8, 2011

From well crafted cocktails to plentiful entrées, to amazing desserts, La Poste delivers an excellent dining experience. A wide selection of wines and interesting beers are also offered. We enjoyed the relaxed, yet very professional attitude that our server, Jeremy provided for our anniversary celebration party of 8.