“Best hotel you will ever stay in” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Residence Inn by Marriott Cincinnati Downtown/The Phelps

Residence Inn by Marriott Cincinnati Downtown/The Phelps
Ranked #2 of 47 Hotels in Cincinnati
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Best hotel you will ever stay in”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

This will most likely be the longest review I will do. We have stayed at Marriotts all over the world. This was by far the best experience I've ever had.
We checked in on a Saturday afternoon, spent one night in the room, and woke up the next morning with congestion. The room smelled a bit musty. Due to both my boyfriend and I having allergies we asked to switch rooms. The front desk was accommodating and said they would call when a room was ready. They moved me to a room that was a different layout, so called down to request a room with the same layout I had been in. They told me I just had to wait until one was available. The general manager actually came up to help me move my stuff.
The rooms are HUGE. The kitchens have everything you could need, fridge, dishwasher, microwave, garbage disposal and lots of space. The living room could accommodate comfortably 6 to 8 people. The bedroom is also huge. We were on the 11th floor and had great views of the city.

The second or third night we were there, we sat outside on the patio and had the fire lit. It was amazing! The only negative I can give is that the fire has to be out by 10 pm due to complaining neighbors. The food and beverage manager Tiffany was very accommodating and even gave us a sneak peak of of the rooftop bar that is opening soon. The views up there were amazing.

The breakfast spreads were awesome! Lots of food choices and everything tasted great! During the week they have nightly free meals. We never tried any of them, but friends said they were excellent.

The last night we were there, we ate at the Phelps bar. I wish we had tried their food sooner. The food was amazing! The fries have parmesan cheese sprinkled on them, which gives them an amazing taste. The chicken avocado sandwich was also delicious. We also tried some of their recommended drinks, all were great.

Other things..... the elevators were fast, even with only two of them. The gym is small, but their equipment is well taken care of and each piece of equipment has its own TV. They provide disposable earphones in case you forgot yours. The snack area is well stocked. The valet guys are friendly and helpful. The front desk staff always kindly greets you and treat you like you are a VIP customer, which I should note, this was the week of a tennis tournoment. Serena Williams (who BTW is NOT friend at ALL!) Anna Kournikova, roy McAvoy, Maria Sharapova were all guest in the hotel while we were there, we were treated in the same manner they were.

Chief Ken who works in the morning, was friendly and would come out and joke around with us each day.

The only negative I could see for people who don't like to walk, is this hotel is about a 15 minute walk from downtown. For me, I enjoyed that walk, seeing the city and being able to take in the sights. There is a BEAUTIFUL park directly across the street from the hotel.

Our 6 day stay at this hotel was by far the best hotel experience I've ever had.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank dshatch15

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Nuevo, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

Stayed for 5 nights while attending a conference last week. The hotel is within walking distance of all the stadiums and a decent walk to the Duke Energy Convention Center. You can also walk across the bridge to Newport Kentucky. To get to the revitalized part of downtown it is a pretty long walk so a cab would be best.

The hotel itself has a lot of character with an outside lounge area in the back courtyard and a small comfy sitting area in front of the hotel looking over a park and the Ohio River. It is the 1st Residence Inn I have stayed at that has a restaurant and bar in addition to the lounge area.

The staff were all extremely friendly and even the staff in the kitchen knew many of the guests by name.

Not sure if I will ever be back to Cincinnati but if I am this will definitely be my hotel of choice.

Thank you to the General Manager Jason and to all the staff!

Room Tip: The river view rooms are wonderful. I was in a 2 bedroom suite and it is like being in an upscale ti...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank deamole
Akron, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Though the location is on the edge of downtown so not great for conference it is close to the Casino. The lobby staff were very friendly and helpful and really made my short stay enjoyable. The breakfast was better than similar hotels and the staff again was pleasant and helpful. When I asked the door staff about parking he told me that valet parking was 22 or meters on the street directly in front of the hotel were free from 6 pm to 8 am. So I parked 30 feet from the hotel door for nothing except the tip I gave the door guy . The hotel was either recently remodeled or kept very current nice decor and well designed rooms even though the building appears once to have been apartments. Cost was a tad on the high side for Cincinnati but not outrageous. Would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Daniel M
JasDruso, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Cincinnati Downtown/The Phelps, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Thank you for the nice review. It is extremely rewarding when guests recognize the quality the the staff and our efforts. We go to great lengths to serve our guests and truly enjoy it. We look forward to the opportunity to host you again in the near future.
prospect ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

My husband and stayed July 12th and 13th. Went to Dave Matthews Band concert at Riverbend on the 12th which was awesome. On the 13th we just hung out, explored the city, and visited the casino. We stayed here last year too...have to say it is one of the nicest Residence Inns we have ever stayed in. The staff is wonderful, from the registration staff to the valet parking guys to the restaurant staff...everyone was super nice. I have to say the people that do the breakfast are awesome...so accommodating and nice. Our room was large and updated. We enjoyed it so much! Cant wait to come back!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tamaradmProspectOhio
JasDruso, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Cincinnati Downtown/The Phelps, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Thank you for the great review! We are very proud of this hotel and it obviously shows. We have a great team that truly loves what they do. We cannot wait for another opportunity to host you!
Johnstown, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

This is one of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed in. First, the valet who parked our truck was so polite and helpful with walking directions to the ball field (which is just a short walk away!), then we got to our room and it was beautiful and spotless. Wireless internet was easy to connect to. Bed was super comfy. Etc. We went to a ball game and got back maybe around 9:45, and headed into the bar area. They were happy to serve us food, even though it was a bit late. We ordered a handful of appetizers, and they were delicious. My husband ordered fries and we thought they might be old since it was late, but they were fresh. The waitress was awesome too, very friendly. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jen H
I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your comments. We have a special hotel, but even a more special team. I liked your comments about the breakfast crew. I feel very lucky to have Kenneth, Debbie, Latasha, and Angie. They are #1 in the brand for friendly breakfast service for a reason! Again, thank you for taking the time to review my hotel.
Windsor
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

The staff went above and beyond in every aspect !! Lauren and Paige were fantastic at the front desk. We stayed Sunday August 4th - Tuesday 6th. Morning Breakfast was great, fresh and delicious. Kenneth, Debbie, Angie and Latasha were magnificent in every way !! The room was beautiful and very clean !! We love Cincinnati.. thank you for the best service !!!!!! Great location. Walking distance to many things.

Room Tip: We were in 408 and have NO complaints !!! Everything was A+. We will be back !!!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank DorisFox
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

My family and I recently spent the weekend at the Residence Inn Cincinnati Downtown. The location is great - less than a 10 minute walk to Great American Ballpark. We could see the fireworks from the Reds game from our window. There is a beautiful small park just across the street. Historically, the building was built as upscale apartments and was renovated in the last two years into the current hotel. Very current amenities and very clean. We stayed in a two bedroom with a living room with pullout couch, and a full kitchen. The room is quite large with flat screens in the living room and both bedrooms. Each bedroom had a separate bathroom. We had ample room with five people. Breakfast was included with the cost of the room. The food service staff were all very friendly and accommodating - especially Kenneth. He was very cheerful! We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family