WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Residence Inn Cincinnati Downtown/The Phelps

Residence Inn Cincinnati Downtown/The Phelps
Ranked #2 of 50 Hotels in Cincinnati
Arab, Alabama
“Great hotel, especially if you are in town for a ballgame!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

What a great hotel !!! From the moment we pulled up in front of the hotel, everyone was so kind and attentive to our needs. It doesn't get any better than this hotel for customer service. We had an outstanding room with a great view. My wife was ready to move in because everything and everyone was so outstanding.
We were in town for a baseball game and I could not have been more pleased with our choice. The hotel was a 10 minute walk from the ballfield, and offered a couple of fast food eateries on the way to the ballpark. The game was a sellout, so traffic after the game was horrendous except for those who were able to walk to their rooms, as my family did. We were comfortably relaxing in our Suite within minutes after the game ended.
The bed was very comfortable. Plenty of room in the suite and the full size refrigerator was great.
If ever in Cincinnati again this will be my hotel of choice, ballgame or not!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank lwalker1967

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

I have raved more than once today about our recent stay at this hotel since we checked out yesterday morning! Wow! I am not certain that I have stayed in a USA hotel that has it figured out any better. The service and attentiveness is off the charts. Very clean, friendly, hospitable, smiling faces everywhere....we could not have had a better experience for two nights in a hotel. Thank you for giving me some hope that there is a hotel with fantastic service and attention to details like you gave to me. Word of caution: Keep it up and you will always have customers like me that want to return soon! Great job.

Room Tip: Our room faced the apartment directly next door, although not at all unsightly it was unusual and di...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank HK445
Brentwood, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

I just wanted to make sure a person is acknowledged for going above and beyond. On June 28th 2013 I was to be at Fox 19 in Cincinnati at 4:50 am. I was to be there for the final day of the St Jude Dream Home. I was downtown by 4:15 and for the life of me could not find the place. I had the address but it was one of those addresses that jumps across the expressway and doesn't seem to fit any pattern. I must have ask 10-15 valets and cabbies and got little more than a shrug of the shoulders. It was to the point I was willing to get a ticket if the Police would just guide me, no luck. Finally I stopped at the Residence. The Gentleman at the front desk actually printed out a map for me. It took me no more than 5 minutes to get there. I'm wanted to make sure he knows how much I appreciated his help. It was to the point I did not know what I was going to do, I think his name was Brian. Thank you so much for helping me find my destination.

Arthur J. Staehling

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank artsmart1954
Winston Salem, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

I totally agree with all the positive reviews of this hotel. It was just as good as we expected. The staff could not have been more hospitable and helpful. We spent four nights there and I hated to leave! Our one bedroom suite was spacious and had lots of room to relax in.

The only reason I did not give this five stars was the thermostat in our room wouldn’t cool below 72 degrees. We (I) like to sleep in a room cooled like a meat locker so I woke up warm several times. No matter what you set the thermostat on it maintained a consistent 72 degrees, which was perfectly comfortable during the day, but for us, not so much at night.

We arrived on a Saturday and were able to get on street parking through the weekend but Monday and Tuesday we valet parked ($22 a day) because we needed to be able to get our car in and out. Valet parking attendants were friendly and fast. If you call from your room your car will be out front waiting for you upon your arrival in the lobby.

We also enjoyed the outside courtyard. We had friends come to the hotel to see us and it was extremely pleasant to be able to sit outside and enjoy the sound of the fountain while we visited.

The Phelps Building, which dates back to 1926 and now houses the Residence Inn, has an interesting background. Pick up one of the booklets in the lobby telling you the history of the building and be sure to walk across the street to Lytle Park and spend some time relaxing on the park benches and people watching.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank DearDona
Bucharest, Romania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

Great value for money, large studios with kitchen, full size fridge, comfortable beds, quiet -and the best- very close to the P&G headquarters :) especially useful when the cold Cincinnati wind makes its presence felt. And it does, quite often.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank AdiPanait
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

As a consistent traveler to Cincinnati, I have to say that this has been my very best hotel experience out of all my visits here. I arrived at the hotel at 10:00 am and not only did they have a room ready but they gave me an upgraded room free of charge. My room was perfectly clean, roomy and comfortable. The service here is impeccable and the staff is some of the friendliest I've encountered in all my travel. I will make this Residence Inn my only hotel for all future stays in Cincinnati.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank jzackary
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

We spent several nights at this hotel. The staff greeted you every time you came through the door. The room in the 2 bedroom unit we were in was fresh and spacious. The breakfast was exceptionally well done for a 'free breakfast.' It was more like a restaurant meal with waffles, excellent scrambled eggs, juice yogurt and fruit. The cooks who prepared the food and the staff who bussed the tables showed pride in what they do. The people who worked the valet service and who did concierge were helpful and courteous. The front desk staff were helpful and they involved the manager when unusual things were required. This hotel exceeded my expectations in every respect.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family