We had selected the Residence Inn partly because of its location, but primarily because of the great reviews it received. We were not disappointed. It is in a great location, with easy access to sports venues, shopping, restaurants etc. It is also an attractive building and the interior is nicely appointed. We really enjoyed relaxing in front of the fireplace at the end of the day.
The biggest asset, however, is the staff. They were all excellent, and are easily on par with the standards of much "higher end" hotels (and would put some to shame). We were made to feel welcomed and appreciated right from the start by Michaela who checked us in and Brian who handled our luggage. It continued with the bar staff, the kitchen staff and everyone else we came into contact with. This is clearly a very well run hotel.
Our only disappointment was that the bar was not open for lunch - we had been planning on getting some food before we left for the airport on the last day. Not a big deal and it did not detract from our stay.
If our travels bring us back to Cincinnati, we will definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Housed in the historic Phelps Building in the heart of downtown Cincinnati's business district, the all-new Residence Inn Cincinnati Downtown offers Cincinnati hotel accommodations that blend old-world splendor with modern amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Odigeo, Travelocity and Expedia so you can book your Residence Inn Cincinnati Downtown/The Phelps reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Cincinnati Downtown Hotel Cincinnati
- Residence Inn Cincinnati Downtown/The Phelps Ohio