“Exceptional Staff, Good Location”

Residence Inn by Marriott Cincinnati Downtown/The Phelps
Ranked #2 of 52 Hotels in Cincinnati
New York
“Exceptional Staff, Good Location”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I'd never been to Cincinnati and chose this hotel based on TripAdvisor feedback. The staff was as exceptional as noted in the reviews. I forgot my phone charger and the manager on duty found one to borrow. When I returned it the same night I was asked if I needed it until morning. "My pleasure" is wonderful to hear.

From the outside it doesn't look like a hotel and is nestled between a residential building, Lytle Park, and office buildings. It's a few blocks from Great American Ballpark, Paul Brown Stadium, Crave restaurant, and Moerlein Brewery.

It was my pleasure to stay and will return.

1 Thank Janine C
DavidMeisner-GM, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Cincinnati Downtown/The Phelps, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Thank you for the great review of the hotel. It is great to hear that you found our staff and our service provided to be exceptional! We strive to create an exceptional experience for each and every guest and it is fantastic to know we were successful with your stay.

We look forward to your next stay with us while visiting Cincinnati!

david.meisner@marriott.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
Evansville, Indiana
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

We chose this hotel based on its Tripadvisor status and were not disappointed. The location is great, service was kind and attentive and the room very nicely appointed! The buffet breakfast was outstanding! We will return!

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank ladydrake
DavidMeisner-GM, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Cincinnati Downtown/The Phelps, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and thank you for sharing your great comments about our hotel and our team. We will keep up the great work and will look forward to your next stay with us.

Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

The only regret I have is not staying here an extra night! We are a family of five ranging, our youngest being 17 months and our oldest 6 years. My kids LOVED this place. Each "room" is more like an apartment, with its own kitchen and living space. My kids were in heaven! Having young kids, I appreciated the things like the crib/pack 'n play, the dining table, the full sized fridge for milk. We ended up getting some great food at Findlay Market and bringing it back to the hotel to eat in a nice relaxed environment. The staff was excellent, and the complimentary breakfast was awesome. All these things add up to it being worth paying extra money to stay here. Because of this hotel, we honestly saved $$ on two meals and my kids were entertained with plenty of space to move! Keep in mind that street parking is scarce, but their valet service is not very expensive. We lucked out and found a meter across the street, but during the week on a weekday, I could see how valet would be valuable. We just regret we couldn't stay longer - loved this place and plan to visit again! The location is convenient to all of the major attractions like the zoo, aquarium, the museum center. Cincinnati, we loved you!

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Stormie W
Thank you for the great review of our hotel. I am very excited to hear that you and your entire family enjoyed your stay and that you found our suites to be the perfect accommodations and our staff service to be excellent. It is very important to our team that our hotel is not only a great place for our business travelers but also a great place for our families and leisurely travelers, I will absolutely share your great experience with the team .

We look forward to your next stay and hope you can stay even longer on your next trip!

Houston, TX
Reviewed March 19, 2013

This hotel is definitely all it's cracked up to be. When I arrived, hotel staff were right there, waiting to greet me and everyone else. Honestly, it's like they have their head sticking out of the door just waiting and looking for you in anticipation. They are very friendly and genuine and like a breath of fresh air for a weary traveler. The lobby is nicely appointed and so is the bar/eating area. The workout room was very nice and located conveniently near the elevators. I really liked the location of the fitness room because it was close to everything else (and not far from the front desk) instead of somewhere in the "cut" or bowels of the building like at many hotels. I workout late at night, so being close to the action definitely makes me feel safer.

My room was very clean and I had no complaints there. The towels were clean and every surface looked like it had been thoroughly wiped down. I had a nice view of the river in my room too. And of course, the room was huge!

One drawback is that there is not a ready supply of cabs waiting when you leave. It is about a one mile walk to the main downtown area. So whenever I needed to leave, I let the front desk know I needed a cab and they called for one - so prepare for at least a 5 minute wait for a cab. I did end up meeting a great cab driver named Ed - he promised to pick me up whenever I called and he was there as promised (on time). So when I go back, I plan to call him to make sure I have a cab ready and waiting for me.

2 Thank Malie
DavidMeisner-GM, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Cincinnati Downtown/The Phelps, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thank you for the great review of our hotel. I am excited to learn that you found our team to be not just friendly but genuine in the service they provide. Our team truly seeks to make every guest experience a pleasant one and it is very exciting to hear we accomplished that with your stay. It is also great to hear that you found your suite to very clean and the suite amenities met your needs. Our team takes a great deal of pride in offering a clean and well maintained hotel product and I assure you we will continue to ensure we have that same passion for cleanliness moving forward.

I am sorry to hear that the cab situation was a drawback for you. We will continue to work with local cab companies to minimize the wait time for our guests and to ensure they can get around town comfortably and on time.

We definitely look forward to your next stay and providing you another great hotel experience!

East Patchogue, New York
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Another business trip to the Queen City. This hotel is not as centrally located as my prior favorite (the Westin in front of Fountain Square) but it was cleaner and quieter. It's only an extra 5 minute walk from the Federal Building than the other hotel. Easy access to the highways but I never heard the traffic. Great views of Lytle Park. My room had thick walls - I felt like I was the only person on the floor even though the hotel was packed. Unlike many Residence Inns I've stayed in that felt "worn", this one felt brand new (renovations ended in 2011). The rooms were spacious as are most Residence Inns. This one had luxurious bed linens and thick warm towels. And, of course, I enjoyed the Paul Mitchell toiletries. :) The valet, front desk, kitchen and housekeeping staff were great. Breakfast was the usual Marriott fare but oatmeal was cooked exactly how I liked it - every day. For the evening social hour, the cook circulated in the dining room to make sure everything was good - their personal touch made a difference. I appreciated the great service from everyone but most importantly how consistent it was for the entire stay. Now, I understand why this hotel sells out quickly and will make sure to book well in advance.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of Lytle Park on a high floor.
1 Thank TinaJoy102
DavidMeisner-GM, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Cincinnati Downtown/The Phelps, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Thank you for the amazing review and thank you for making us your new Cincinnati home away from home. I am truly excited to hear you found your entire experience from our suite to our service to our food and beverage offerings to be excellent. We strive for perfection in all these areas and I assure we won't let up on our intensity to provide perfection.

We look forward to your next stay with us.

Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Spent the weekend at this two year-old hotel in a vintage building in downtown Cincinnati. While there we hosted a birthday party for a friend in a room off the hotel bar. The friendly hotel staff went out of their way to be helpful and accommodating, and the party was a big success. The suites on the top floors are huge and comfortable. Many of them have great views of downtown Cincinnati and the Ohio River. Situated in a relatively quiet area of downtown, overlooking the river and a park, and just down the street from the Taft Museum, the hotel has a great setting. Only drawback is that it is a bit removed from the heart of downtown, so there aren't a lot of restaurants nearby. Aside from that, it's a great place and we would readily stay there again.

Room Tip: Go for a suite if you can. Ask for one facing the river.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank JoeFormaggio
Thank you for the excellent review! We are all very happy to hear that we were able to help make your friend's birthday party a success. Our staff truly embraces our goal of providing the best service in the nation and it is great to hear that you found our team to be as helpful and accommodating as you did.

We hope that your travels will bring you back to Cincinnati and that you will once again get an opportunity to experience our great hotel.

Kochav Yair
Reviewed March 15, 2013

At hte heart of downtown Cincinnati / business district, facing the Head office of P&G impressive twin towers. This hotel offers amazingly big mini apartments but with full hotel service. The hotel is well kept, staff is as friendly as it gets and I strongly reccomend. I've been their 4 times already and will keep on staying their whenever in the neibourhood.

Room Tip: All rooms have good location, no need for a special location in order to enjoy.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank amirdavi
Thank you for the great review and thank you for making us your home away from home! We certainly look forward to your 5th stay with us!