This hotel is definitely all it's cracked up to be. When I arrived, hotel staff were right there, waiting to greet me and everyone else. Honestly, it's like they have their head sticking out of the door just waiting and looking for you in anticipation. They are very friendly and genuine and like a breath of fresh air for a weary traveler. The lobby is nicely appointed and so is the bar/eating area. The workout room was very nice and located conveniently near the elevators. I really liked the location of the fitness room because it was close to everything else (and not far from the front desk) instead of somewhere in the "cut" or bowels of the building like at many hotels. I workout late at night, so being close to the action definitely makes me feel safer.
My room was very clean and I had no complaints there. The towels were clean and every surface looked like it had been thoroughly wiped down. I had a nice view of the river in my room too. And of course, the room was huge!
One drawback is that there is not a ready supply of cabs waiting when you leave. It is about a one mile walk to the main downtown area. So whenever I needed to leave, I let the front desk know I needed a cab and they called for one - so prepare for at least a 5 minute wait for a cab. I did end up meeting a great cab driver named Ed - he promised to pick me up whenever I called and he was there as promised (on time). So when I go back, I plan to call him to make sure I have a cab ready and waiting for me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Housed in the historic Phelps Building in the heart of downtown Cincinnati's business district, Residence Inn by Marriott Cincinnati Downtown/The Phelps is an extended-stay Cincinnati hotel that blends old-world splendor with modern amenities. Come stay with us and enjoy our comfortable accommodations, whether you're traveling for business or for pleasure. Our Cincinnati extended-stay hotel is an all-suite hotel featuring free daily breakfast, a fitness center, complimentary Wi-Fi, a business center and meeting rooms, and an ideal location close to Downtown Cincinnati's top businesses and attractions. Great American Ballpark, Jack Cincinnati Casino, Duke Energy Convention Center, and more are close by. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Marriott, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Residence Inn by Marriott Cincinnati Downtown/The Phelps reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Cincinnati Downtown Hotel Cincinnati
- Residence Inn By Marriott Cincinnati Downtown/The Phelps Ohio