“Hands Down, A Great Stay!”

Residence Inn by Marriott Cincinnati Downtown/The Phelps
Ranked #2 of 51 Hotels in Cincinnati
Reviewed January 11, 2013

My husband and I stayed for two nights this Marriott while in town for a football game. When looking into a hotel I came down to two final choices and I could not be more thrilled with my choice to stay here. To start, the moment we pulled up to the building the parking valet was not only friendly and genuine, but he was helpful and informative. He went into the hotel to check our reservation information and dealt with the valet ticket and information on his own which saved us an extra trip inside. Upon entering the building it is clear that pride of property is a priority here. The hotel is beautiful, clean and friendly. It is also unbelievably close (4 blocks) to all the entertainment and sports venues that line the riverfront. That being said, it is in a quiet and beautiful location that makes it quiet. Our suite was beautiful and again, spotless. The suites are basically fully furnished studio apartments and would be absolutely perfect for longer stays. No detail is overlooked, right down to a fully outfitted kitchen. The bed was very comfortable but I must admit, the pillows were a little too fluffy! All the staff we encountered was friendly and knowledgeable. The service truly rivaled many of the 5 stars in which we have stayed. From arranging our cabs to the fabulous drinks and food at the bar, they pride themselves on insuring their guests have a fabulous stay. We will absolutely return to stay here upon our next stay in Cinci.

Room Tip: Ask to have a park view. You can also see the river!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LoveThisLife07

Reviewed December 15, 2012

This hotel is in an old building across from a park. The rooms are spacious and clean. They have small full kitchen area with 2 burner stove, microwave, coffee maker and fridge. There is a nice park across the street. The hotel is right next to I-71 but we slept very well. We could see the traffic right next to our room but the hotel is very well sound insulated. The room has a nice HDTV that swivels so you can watch in the bedroom and the small living room area. The breakfast was ver nice with eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, waffles, a nice fruit selection and the standard continental fare. I would recommend this hotel for both long and short term stays with both couples and families. Easy walk to Reds,Bengals and The Banks area.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank MotoGPMan
Reviewed December 11, 2012

My son and I stayed this past weekend at this wonderful hotel in Cincinnati as a Daddy-Son trip to see our favorite team, the Dallas Cowboys, play the Bengals. From the time we pulled up to the curb in front of the hotel, we were treated very well. The staff was excellent. We had a 2 room King suite that was nicely furnished with 2 large TVs. The room was big enough to throw a football in with my son. Everything was very clean throughout the hotel. You could tell that it was well managed and well kept. Customer service and experience were definitely important here.
The hotel was easy access to all of the downtown activities. There is a nice park across the street and it is easy walking distance to the rest of downtown and the 2 stadiums. We had a great weekend in Cincinnati and this hotel was part of it. Would highly recommend!

Room Tip: I bet you can't go wrong with any room here.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank JodySirTravelALot
Reviewed November 27, 2012

We stayed there 11/23 to 11/25/12 and had a great time. Enjoyed the young lady who was in the bartender in Kelleys. Loved the restaurant on the top floor, just wished it stayed open longer The hotel was great, we will definitely stay there again when we return to Cincinnati.

Room Tip: We were on the 15th floor, the view was great.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Terri H
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I would recommend this hotel to anyone that is planning a trip to Downtown Cincinnati as well as anyone visiting the University of Cincinnati. The hotel was very nice and clean and up to date with all it's furnishings. The work out room had the best equipment I have ever seen in a hotel. The lounge area was constanitly clean and with newer furniture that was also clean. The staff was awesome and extremely friendly from the front desk personnel, doorman/parking attendant, Bartenders and especially the man who served the breakfast and cleaned all the tables! There was not one employee that did not smile and say hello to you, they truly seem to love their jobs. Congrats to the management at this hotel because when your employees are happy they reflect that in the work that they do for you. Customer service was #1 priority of this hotel and this would be the only place that we would stay if we happen to pass through Cincinnati again. Rooms were very clean and comfortable. We stayed in the 1 bedroom 2 room suite with 2 adults and 3 children, plenty of room.

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor out of 12 even though I requested a room higher because we wanted to be ab...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Hubresident
Reviewed November 10, 2012

What a great find. The Residence Inn Cincinnati Downtown is in a great area, just East of downtown (walking distance). Across the street from a nice park. it is also a do'able walk to waterfront, baseball, and football. It is a very short distance to the Purple People Bridge and better to walk to Newport on the Levee, KY instead of driving.

On a rainy, soggy night the staff had umbrellas ready. Everyone we met there was cheerful and helpful. Breakfast leaves a little to be desired, but the lobby bar is fantastic for a nightcap.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Olmsted-Dude
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I stayed here for 30 days for a business trip. This hotel is right in the heart of downtown Cincinnati. It's near to all of the interesting places in downtown - Cincinnati Reds' baseball stadium, Fountain Square and restaurants.
It's a mid-rise hotel but it stays true to it's name. It's really your residence while you're in Cincinnati. I stayed in a two-bedroom apartment suite complete with the amenities of a house. It has a kitchen, dining room, living room, mini-office and two bedrooms with bathrooms.
The apartment suite was more than enough to keep me at home for the 30 days that I was in Cincinnati.
The hotel staff were all nice and accommodating.
They have free breakfast buffet everyday with food selections of breads, pastries, pancakes, fruits, yogurts and eggs.
They also organize different night socials every day of the week with a corresponding theme - Barbecue night, Comfort food night.
They also have a strong and free WiFi connection that we used to connect even in my room.
They also offer laundry service or you can laundry your own clothes using their laundry machines in their laundry room.
I definitely miss staying here. If there is a change again for me to return to Cincinnati - business trip or personal trip, I will definitely give Residence Inn a shot again in hosting me while I am there.

Room Tip: Try staying in their penthouse rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business