“Wonderful Stay! Beautiful Hotel! Nice people!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Cincinnati Downtown/The Phelps

Residence Inn Cincinnati Downtown/The Phelps
Ranked #2 of 51 Hotels in Cincinnati
Pottsboro, Texas, United States
“Wonderful Stay! Beautiful Hotel! Nice people!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

My son and I stayed this past weekend at this wonderful hotel in Cincinnati as a Daddy-Son trip to see our favorite team, the Dallas Cowboys, play the Bengals. From the time we pulled up to the curb in front of the hotel, we were treated very well. The staff was excellent. We had a 2 room King suite that was nicely furnished with 2 large TVs. The room was big enough to throw a football in with my son. Everything was very clean throughout the hotel. You could tell that it was well managed and well kept. Customer service and experience were definitely important here.
The hotel was easy access to all of the downtown activities. There is a nice park across the street and it is easy walking distance to the rest of downtown and the 2 stadiums. We had a great weekend in Cincinnati and this hotel was part of it. Would highly recommend!

Room Tip: I bet you can't go wrong with any room here.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank JodySirTravelALot

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Washington, dc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We stayed there 11/23 to 11/25/12 and had a great time. Enjoyed the young lady who was in the bartender in Kelleys. Loved the restaurant on the top floor, just wished it stayed open longer The hotel was great, we will definitely stay there again when we return to Cincinnati.

Room Tip: We were on the 15th floor, the view was great.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Terri H
Northfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I would recommend this hotel to anyone that is planning a trip to Downtown Cincinnati as well as anyone visiting the University of Cincinnati. The hotel was very nice and clean and up to date with all it's furnishings. The work out room had the best equipment I have ever seen in a hotel. The lounge area was constanitly clean and with newer furniture that was also clean. The staff was awesome and extremely friendly from the front desk personnel, doorman/parking attendant, Bartenders and especially the man who served the breakfast and cleaned all the tables! There was not one employee that did not smile and say hello to you, they truly seem to love their jobs. Congrats to the management at this hotel because when your employees are happy they reflect that in the work that they do for you. Customer service was #1 priority of this hotel and this would be the only place that we would stay if we happen to pass through Cincinnati again. Rooms were very clean and comfortable. We stayed in the 1 bedroom 2 room suite with 2 adults and 3 children, plenty of room.

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor out of 12 even though I requested a room higher because we wanted to be ab...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Hubresident
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

What a great find. The Residence Inn Cincinnati Downtown is in a great area, just East of downtown (walking distance). Across the street from a nice park. it is also a do'able walk to waterfront, baseball, and football. It is a very short distance to the Purple People Bridge and better to walk to Newport on the Levee, KY instead of driving.

On a rainy, soggy night the staff had umbrellas ready. Everyone we met there was cheerful and helpful. Breakfast leaves a little to be desired, but the lobby bar is fantastic for a nightcap.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Olmsted-Dude
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I stayed here for 30 days for a business trip. This hotel is right in the heart of downtown Cincinnati. It's near to all of the interesting places in downtown - Cincinnati Reds' baseball stadium, Fountain Square and restaurants.
It's a mid-rise hotel but it stays true to it's name. It's really your residence while you're in Cincinnati. I stayed in a two-bedroom apartment suite complete with the amenities of a house. It has a kitchen, dining room, living room, mini-office and two bedrooms with bathrooms.
The apartment suite was more than enough to keep me at home for the 30 days that I was in Cincinnati.
The hotel staff were all nice and accommodating.
They have free breakfast buffet everyday with food selections of breads, pastries, pancakes, fruits, yogurts and eggs.
They also organize different night socials every day of the week with a corresponding theme - Barbecue night, Comfort food night.
They also have a strong and free WiFi connection that we used to connect even in my room.
They also offer laundry service or you can laundry your own clothes using their laundry machines in their laundry room.
I definitely miss staying here. If there is a change again for me to return to Cincinnati - business trip or personal trip, I will definitely give Residence Inn a shot again in hosting me while I am there.

Room Tip: Try staying in their penthouse rooms.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank NotYourAverageJuan
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

This hotel has it all. First of all, wouldn't it be nice when you traveled if you could feel as if you were just staying at a friend's place? That's how it feels here. The hotel is only a a year and a half old, and it's very clean. There's nothing like staying in place that's new, but runs with efficiency. It's located on the outskirts of downtown Cincinnati, and well-situated directly adjacent to a small park. Each room is equipped with a full-size kitchen with a dishwasher, a full-size refrigerator, a dining area as well as a living room with flatscreen TV, a couch (full-size bed inside), and a work desk.

The living area is separated by a door that leads to a well-appointed room with another flat-screen TV, full vanity, full-length mirror, separate bathroom area, a closet...this place has gotten everything right.

The fitness center is perfect too! it's clean, and there are several machines (each has its own TV with remote control and iPod docking station too).

The staff always greeted me with a smile, and they were happy to do anything to make my stay better.

Who knew all of this could be found in Cincinnati? I'll definitely go back, and I'll always stay here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Knowlesitall
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I had a lengthy review written out, but tripadvisor wouldn't let me login and it got lost, so I'll just leave it at 5 stars. I'm supposed to write 200 characters so I'll just repeat this sentence a few times and hope their robots don't delete it. I'm supposed to write 200 characters so I'll just repeat this sentence a few times and hope their robots don't delete it.I'm supposed to write 200 characters so I'll just repeat this sentence a few times and hope their robots don't delete it.I'm supposed to write 200 characters so I'll just repeat this sentence a few times and hope their robots don't delete it.I'm supposed to write 200 characters so I'll just repeat this sentence a few times and hope their robots don't delete it.

Room Tip: I heard that all the rooms are suites, with a kitchen and living area. Our tv was a 60" monste...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple