“Great for a ballgame trip”

Residence Inn Cincinnati Downtown/The Phelps
Ranked #2 of 52 Hotels in Cincinnati
Reviewed July 18, 2011

Really close to GABP, great rooms, excellent service, will keep this hotel on my list next time I am in town for a Reds game.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kentucky123

Reviewed July 8, 2011

This was our last stay on our 5 baseball park midwest tour. It was clean and in a great location for walking to the game and across the bridge to Kentucky for dinner. The staff was very friendly and helpful and always was waiting to help us. The breakfast looked good and I grabbed some fruit on my way out but we had an early flight so couldn't really enjoy it. I wish we would have stayed another day in Cincinnati. It looked like a really fun city with lots of activities to do. I would definitely recommend staying at this hotel. It worked out great!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank funw3boys
Reviewed July 4, 2011

Will keep it short and sweet, this was one of the best hotel experiences I've ever had, and I've been to a bunch of 'em! The hotel is beautiful, the room was spacious for two adults and two young kids, the staff was attentive, fresh-faced, delightful and efficient! Stayed here because the Cleveland Indians were in town, and will be sure to stay here again and again in the future!

• Stayed: July 2011
2  Thank rocknrolldoggie
Reviewed June 24, 2011

Stayed here in June for a weekend, after making a reservation on short notice. I travel with my posse: six year old girl, seven year old boy, and husband. We don't travel light. From the second we pulled up in front of the hotel and were greeted by the valet to the second we pulled away we felt pampered. Staff was beautifully trained. Hotel is gorgeous. Breakfast was great and full of healthy options.

The area around the hotel is really nifty. The hotel is located near the Taft museum, right in front of a park. It's within walking distance of Newport, the riverfront, baseball stadium, Fountain Square, etc. You can walk everywhere and have all the downtown stuff available but are surrounded by a tranquil, calm setting.

The hotel is absolutely gorgeous inside. Gorgeous. We stay in LOADS of Residence Inns--I'm an expert on any hotel with one or two bedrooms--and this was heads and shoulders above the usual RI decor. Lovely outside area behind the hotel. Very nice clubby breakfast room. Our room was huge. Kids spread out their scads of stuff and there was still plenty of room for mommy & daddy.

Would stay again here in a heartbeat, in fact, am trying to invent reasons to go back!

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the front overlooking the park
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Furcow
Reviewed June 20, 2011

This place is the nicest downtown hotel. We have stayed here twice, both times in a king bed suite. The rooms are large, with a full kitchen and separate living room area. It is a short walk away from Great American Ballpark.

Breakfast is included with your room and is good. The hotel was close to capacity while we were there, but still didn’t have to wait in line for very long to get breakfast. There is a nice exercise room with personal televisions at each cardio machine.

There are a couple of outdoor sitting areas; we were able to watch the fireworks at the ballpark from the front porch sitting area.

The bar area is nice; we didn’t eat there but had a few drinks one night that were very good. Parking is valet and is $20, which is cheaper than the other downtown hotels where we sometimes stay. Valet service was excellent.

The employees are very nice and friendly, as someone that stays in downtown Cincinnati often, I would put this hotel at the top of our preferred list.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank HerdFanX2
Reviewed June 16, 2011

Wonderful newly done suites. Large living room and kitchen with all amenities. Very comfortable bed!! Nice buffet breakfast included. Close to museums.

Room Tip: All rooms were nice...went for a wedding
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank micheleg
Reviewed June 10, 2011

I stayed here for four nights while undergoing a quite invasive oral surgery. The staff was so nice to me and the hotel was so comfortable! Upon arrival, Brian took care of luggage, vehicle, and even brought me some ice to the room. Charles, in the dining area was especially nice. I couldn't eat any "real" food and he made an extra special effort to find a little bowl of hummus and other soft foods that I could manage. What a tremendous young man! The suite itself was very comfortable. The bed was wonderful.. I can still imagine sinking into it! The view overlooking the meticulously-kept courtyard was nice. Bathroom was fine. The large TV screen swiveled so it could be viewed from anywhere in the suite. That was nice since it was about all I could do for three days following surgery! Valet parking was $20 a night, there is no pool or spa, but hotel is walking distance of Fountain Square, Macy's, Saks, and most of "lower" downtown Cinci. Thanks so much for a comfortable, friendly, and overall wonderful stay. Look out... I will return!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo