“Great location, clean and friendly.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Cincinnati/Uptown-University Area

Hampton Inn & Suites Cincinnati/Uptown-University Area
Ranked #10 of 50 Hotels in Cincinnati
Mountainside, New Jersey
“Great location, clean and friendly.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2014

Stayed at this location for the first time. Normally stay downtown so I'm close to the river and things to do. I was pleasantly surprised with this hotel. The staff is ultra friendly, the rooms are clean and the overall appearance of the property is pretty good for this level of a hotel. They do charge for parking ($9) which is not bad. It's near Univerisity of Cincinnatti so there is lots to do. Walked all around the campus an into the park. The Zoo is also near by. Great bars and places to eat. Will stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Birmingham, AL, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2014

we had a mini suite. it was very comfortable and well kept. the staff that we came into contact with were all very friendly and helpful. the location of the hotel is excellent for visits to the University of Cincinnati. Property is vey nice, well conditioned and well maintained. Will stay there next time we visit our daughter in college.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
      Location
      Rooms
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here because it looked like a nice hotel and clean but I booked the hotel on orbits and brought all my paper work from orbits with me when I arrived I gave my card encase something happened to the room. When we left I checked my bank account and they had charged my card for the price of the room. I called the hotel they said orbits payment was declined not mine but Orbits the multi million dollar company there payment was declined, so they charged my account. So I have 2 hotel charged one from the hotel one from orbits. They said the GM manger would call me for 2 days in a roll I called both days said she was not in yet. And I also called the main office over all the Hampton Inn hotels they said they couldn't help and the hotel there self said that only GM's can issue refund. Needless to say I was 150 miles from home. It took them 1 full week to refund my money back to my bank account. Lucky I had plenty of money in my account but this is a heads up to those who are just barely getting by and looking for a nice cheap place to stay. Like I said I was lucky because I had enough money but just a heads up I still didn't like my money being held for a week.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank iceman104
ValarieOrr, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Cincinnati/Uptown-University Area, responded to this review, August 24, 2014
I apologize that you had such an issue with the form of payment at our hotel. When you book through a 3rd Party Travel Site, usually they provide their form of payment to us and then they charge you direct.

Therefore the credit card that we have on file for lodging belongs to the 3rd Party Booking Agency and is not your personal card.

Unfortunately when you visited, I had suffered a sudden death in my family and was unavailable as I was making funeral arrangements. This kept me from responding to your issue in a timely manner.

For this reason, there is now an AGM that can make that decision and assist immediately when I am not available.

Again, I apologize for this issue due to an unforeseen person circumstance, but it appears that your stay, your room and everything about your visit was satisfactory, met your needs and was pleasant except for this one issue.

I hope that this does not deter you from staying with us in the future and should you decide to, my personal cell phone number is available and listed on my business card (which is located and available to the public) at the front desk.

Valarie Orr
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here in a suite for a couple of nights. It was an absolutely perfect hotel stay. Easy parking, friendly and quick check-in, spacious and extremely clean room, comfortable bed and air-conditioning that kept the room cool without being super loud. We slept in one day and found a note in the door, tucked behind the do not disturb flag, from house-keeping letting us know they had been by and to let the front desk know if we wanted service that day. What a smart way to handle that situation.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Athens, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2014

The Hotel and staff were great but it costs $9 for parking . Most Hampton Inns this far from the City Center have Free parking. The staff informed me that the parking lot is owned by the city and they have to charge. It seems mine was a common complaint.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
      Location
      Rooms
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

The staff was very nice. The room was comforting with lots of space and clean. They had a little bit of everything for the free breakfast. My husband loved the coffee.Parking was easy it came with a price of nine dollars.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Cleveland,Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2014

We have stayed at the Hotel on numerous occasions since 2012......due to its location near the UC campus.
The rooms are always clean, well maintained, the showers are nice, the extra room and storage on the vanity is a great plus, and we love that the bed covers are washed between guests!!
The morning buffet has a variety of healthy choices.
They offer morning food bags for on the go, and the best cookies in the afternoon!
Madison and Vickie are pleasant and accommodating to our needs...Thank You for your help......Scott F.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family