I needed a late checkout and selected this hotel primarily because their website offered "2 pm late checkout, upon availability." I confirmed it by phone, requested it online, and asked the desk clerk about it at check-in. She said it'd "probably be okay" but I needed to confirm it in the morning. Okay ... so far, this is all standard stuff.
This morning, the young woman at the front desk told me I had to be out by 11. "We have 66 guests arriving," she said. Yea? So???
I tried using my HiltonHonors membership as leverage. She told me, "You're only a blue member. Late checkout is for gold and diamond members." Wow, she sure put me in MY place!! I asked if I could talk with a manager. "I AM the acting day manager," she snapped.
A few hours later, I stopped at the front desk to see if she'd called housekeeping, as she said she'd do. She hadn't, so she made the call on the spot. I could hear the housekeeper's voice when the day manager asked about late checkout for me. "Absolutely not!" the housekeeper bellowed. "Out by 11!" It was already after 11, so I was stretching it, but I was seriously disappointed at this level of service. Why offer 2 pm checkout if you can't or won't honor it?
The facility is decent ... a standard Hampton. They do charge $9/day for parking, which I'm not accustomed to in Hamptons like this one. Parking plus the room charge and taxes totalled over $150.
One other bothersome thing: they have a few too many signs and reminders about clean beds: large notices on the elevator doors, posters, even preprinted post-it notes on each of our queen bed headboards announcing "fresh sheets and duvet covers" for every guest. What? Do they have a history of using dirty sheets? Or, worse, bedbugs? My partner was concerned enough about bedbugs that he checked the mattress and box springs. [They were clean.]
If you're looking at this review, you probably know that except for a cluster of high-end downtown hotels, the Hampton is one of the few hotels near the UC Medical Center and Cinci Children's. But there is another option. Next month when I'm in town, I'm trying the Symphony Hotel. It's in a comparable "transitional" neighborhood just 2 miles south of the Hampton. It's locally owned and operated, so I'm betting that staff are much better trained in serving customers effectively.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located near everything you need, Hampton Inn Blue Ash/Cincinnati provides amenities and convenience for a comfortable stay. Learn about the area from the time you walk into our lobby filled with photos of local landmarks and places of interest. Whether you stay for one night or an extended stay, you'll feel right at home. Wake up to fresh coffee in the comfort of your own room, then enjoy our free hot breakfast served daily from 6a-10a. Our rooms offer one king- or two queen-sized beds. In each King room is a Sofa Sleeper for added comfort. Every room in the hotel offers a Microwave and Fridge for guest convenience - which is ideal for a family or group travel. For a quick snack, beverage, forgotten travel item, a good book or even Cincinnati Hometown Fan Favorite apparel, stop by the 24-hour Treats Shop located in the main lobby. Get in a workout in the state-of-the-art Precor 24-hour fitness center and finish those work projects in the 24-hour business center or refresh in the heated indoor saline pool. Whatever your need - we can meet it!! Explore Cincinnati attractions including King's Island Amusement Park, the Cincinnati Zoo and Botanical Gardens and cheer on the Bengals at Paul Brown Stadium. Try your luck at Horseshoe Casino or take in a summer festival. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Cincinnati/Uptown-University Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Cincinnati/Uptown-University Area Hotel Cincinnati
- Hampton Inn And Suites Cincinnati/Uptown-University Area
- Hampton Inn & Suites Cincinnati/Uptown-University Area Ohio