The good and the bad....
The good is the hotel itself. My king room was beautiful, spacious, modern, comfortable and clean. This can be said for the whole hotel. There's a little snack and sundry shop behind the front desk too, which was convenient. I did not partake in any hotel amenities, so I can't comment. It was close to the university where I was visiting for business.
The bad... i had to pay $9 for parking, which is a pet peeve of mine. The hotel is on a very busy and winding street, and it was a little difficult to figure out how to get in and out of the parking lot. The worst though is that it's in a very sketchy area of town. I really wanted to walk somewhere for dinner so I wouldn't have to fight traffic and the front desk staff told me to turn left and there were all sorts of places to eat, including a LaRosa's, a BBQ place, a sports bar, etc. I would NOT recommend walking alone, or even in a group in this area. I felt extremely unsafe and the restaurant recommendations were not worthy of a recommendation.
I'd still recommend this hotel since the hotel itself was lovely and it was convenient to UC. However, be prepared to leave the property in your vehicle for any kind of dining or entertainment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located near everything you need, Hampton Inn Blue Ash/Cincinnati provides amenities and convenience for a comfortable stay. Learn about the area from the time you walk into our lobby filled with photos of local landmarks and places of interest. Whether you stay for one night or an extended stay, you'll feel right at home. Wake up to fresh coffee in the comfort of your own room, then enjoy our free hot breakfast served daily from 6a-10a. Our rooms offer one king- or two queen-sized beds. In each King room is a Sofa Sleeper for added comfort. Every room in the hotel offers a Microwave and Fridge for guest convenience - which is ideal for a family or group travel. For a quick snack, beverage, forgotten travel item, a good book or even Cincinnati Hometown Fan Favorite apparel, stop by the 24-hour Treats Shop located in the main lobby. Get in a workout in the state-of-the-art Precor 24-hour fitness center and finish those work projects in the 24-hour business center or refresh in the heated indoor saline pool. Whatever your need - we can meet it!! Explore Cincinnati attractions including King's Island Amusement Park, the Cincinnati Zoo and Botanical Gardens and cheer on the Bengals at Paul Brown Stadium. Try your luck at Horseshoe Casino or take in a summer festival. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Priceline, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Cincinnati/Uptown-University Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Cincinnati/Uptown-University Area Hotel Cincinnati
- Hampton Inn And Suites Cincinnati/Uptown-University Area
- Hampton Inn & Suites Cincinnati/Uptown-University Area Ohio