Hampton Inn & Suites Cincinnati/Uptown-University Area
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Fitness center
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfront deskmedical centercollege visitparking feecomplimentary breakfastnice hotelfresh fruitvine streetthe breakfast areanice breakfastrooms are cleanexcellent stayking suitei highly recommend this hotelwithin walking distanceindoor poolwould stay here again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 18, 2011

I stayed at your hotel on Thursday Night but didn't realize that I would need a room on Friday night too. Every place downtown was sold out - including this hotel. There was a lady at the front desk that offered to help me find a place in the area. Her name was Valeri and she made several calls to area hotels trying to find me a nice, clean, place to sleep for the night. After several tries, she finally routed me to another Hampton Inn, called to get me a reasonable rate and gave me exact directions. She is AMAZING. I've stayed there many times and have never met her before. She explained that she was "New" and the staff was training her. I found out later that she is a veteran in the hotel business. It shows. Her customer service was oustanding and so was that of the gentleman that worked with her. Keep up the great work. NShannon

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 17, 2011

You can't beat this Hampton Inn. Spacious, quiet, clean and modern suites. Well equipped work out room (for a Hampton Inn) and pool. Nice open common area with high ceiling brings in natural light. Excellent breakfast buffet - typical Hamtpon Inn fare but well stocked and fresher than most. Friendly staff.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 13, 2011

Really friendly staff that was very helpful. Lots of interesting dining choices within walking distance. The is a newer hotel and is in great condition and the work out room was not that bad. Another review had issues with the quality of the equipment, I didn't think it was too bad.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Needed to find a place to stay for my "visit" to the Cincinnati VA. Called around, got a few prices, then found this place. 3 blocks from the VA Hospital. Told them that I was going to the VA and with all the other discounts, (AARP, AAA, etc.), they GAVE ME ANOTHER ONE!!! After being there for my VA visit, I went to breakfast the following morning and by chance had my USMC hat on. I heard someone behind me say "Good Morning Marine and Semper Fi." I turned around and got introduced to the OWNER of the place. VERY nice man. We talked for a while, and that is how I found out that Veterans got a better discount, as he is one!
Only bad thing about the place is NOT his fault. All the taxes (Seems like Cincinnati taxes Everything!) and the parking charge, which is also not his fault, but the city's, because of the location. Staff was very, very helpful, as I had never been there around the area before. Gave us menus for 'other than pizza' places. Hooligans had really good food and they delivered fast, with hot food. Nice area. Lot of things to do nearby. Oh, and the breakfast was terrific!! If I go back to the VA or around the area again, ther is no doubt in my mind where I'll stay!!

Room Tip: Only thing I know is my room was great.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We could not have been more pleased with this choice. This place has only been open since Jan of this year and we were happy. Hard to find new places in Cincinnati.
The staff was more than friendly and accommodating. Wonderful breakfast every morning with a great cook that even helped me with the waffle maker and chatted about how much she loved her job while we waited. Also they had breakfast in a cute brown bag to go with a coffee bar all day long. All in all we really enjoyed this place.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family