Needed to find a place to stay for my "visit" to the Cincinnati VA. Called around, got a few prices, then found this place. 3 blocks from the VA Hospital. Told them that I was going to the VA and with all the other discounts, (AARP, AAA, etc.), they GAVE ME ANOTHER ONE!!! After being there for my VA visit, I went to breakfast the following morning and by chance had my USMC hat on. I heard someone behind me say "Good Morning Marine and Semper Fi." I turned around and got introduced to the OWNER of the place. VERY nice man. We talked for a while, and that is how I found out that Veterans got a better discount, as he is one!
Only bad thing about the place is NOT his fault. All the taxes (Seems like Cincinnati taxes Everything!) and the parking charge, which is also not his fault, but the city's, because of the location. Staff was very, very helpful, as I had never been there around the area before. Gave us menus for 'other than pizza' places. Hooligans had really good food and they delivered fast, with hot food. Nice area. Lot of things to do nearby. Oh, and the breakfast was terrific!! If I go back to the VA or around the area again, ther is no doubt in my mind where I'll stay!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located near everything you need, Hampton Inn Blue Ash/Cincinnati provides amenities and convenience for a comfortable stay. Learn about the area from the time you walk into our lobby filled with photos of local landmarks and places of interest. Whether you stay for one night or an extended stay, you'll feel right at home. Wake up to fresh coffee in the comfort of your own room, then enjoy our free hot breakfast served daily from 6a-10a. Our rooms offer one king- or two queen-sized beds. In each King room is a Sofa Sleeper for added comfort. Every room in the hotel offers a Microwave and Fridge for guest convenience - which is ideal for a family or group travel. For a quick snack, beverage, forgotten travel item, a good book or even Cincinnati Hometown Fan Favorite apparel, stop by the 24-hour Treats Shop located in the main lobby. Get in a workout in the state-of-the-art Precor 24-hour fitness center and finish those work projects in the 24-hour business center or refresh in the heated indoor saline pool. Whatever your need - we can meet it!! Explore Cincinnati attractions including King's Island Amusement Park, the Cincinnati Zoo and Botanical Gardens and cheer on the Bengals at Paul Brown Stadium. Try your luck at Horseshoe Casino or take in a summer festival. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Cincinnati/Uptown-University Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Cincinnati/Uptown-University Area
- Hampton Inn & Suites Cincinnati/Uptown-University Area Hotel Cincinnati
- Hampton Inn & Suites Cincinnati/Uptown-University Area Ohio