Hampton Inn & Suites Cincinnati/Uptown-University Area
Ranked #13 of 51 Hotels in Cincinnati
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Needed to find a place to stay for my "visit" to the Cincinnati VA. Called around, got a few prices, then found this place. 3 blocks from the VA Hospital. Told them that I was going to the VA and with all the other discounts, (AARP, AAA, etc.), they GAVE ME ANOTHER ONE!!! After being there for my VA visit, I went to breakfast the following morning and by chance had my USMC hat on. I heard someone behind me say "Good Morning Marine and Semper Fi." I turned around and got introduced to the OWNER of the place. VERY nice man. We talked for a while, and that is how I found out that Veterans got a better discount, as he is one!
Only bad thing about the place is NOT his fault. All the taxes (Seems like Cincinnati taxes Everything!) and the parking charge, which is also not his fault, but the city's, because of the location. Staff was very, very helpful, as I had never been there around the area before. Gave us menus for 'other than pizza' places. Hooligans had really good food and they delivered fast, with hot food. Nice area. Lot of things to do nearby. Oh, and the breakfast was terrific!! If I go back to the VA or around the area again, ther is no doubt in my mind where I'll stay!!

Room Tip: Only thing I know is my room was great.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed September 12, 2011

We could not have been more pleased with this choice. This place has only been open since Jan of this year and we were happy. Hard to find new places in Cincinnati.
The staff was more than friendly and accommodating. Wonderful breakfast every morning with a great cook that even helped me with the waffle maker and chatted about how much she loved her job while we waited. Also they had breakfast in a cute brown bag to go with a coffee bar all day long. All in all we really enjoyed this place.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Very nice hotel, and the staff is excellent. Unfortunately, this property is in a really rough neighborhood.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Bianchikid
Reviewed September 11, 2011

From Timm at the desk to Wanda the breakfast ambassador the Hampton Inn sold us on being return customers. The rooms are well kept and very comfortable. Every member of the staff strove to make our stay excellent

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed September 11, 2011

Great hotel. Always a Manager there, lots of hustle and bustle going on to do anything to help the guests. Rate was reasonable at $109 and with my AAA discount it was less than a hundred dollars. Didn't even mind the parking charge because all hotels in big cities have that. $9 sure beats the $42 I paid in Chicago to park. Neighborhood looks like it is improving and they started with building this hotel. Way to go!!!!

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed September 9, 2011

The hotel itself was lovely! Everything was uber-clean and well organized; The property includes a gym, pool, guest laundry room, snack 'station' and provides 24 hour coffee and tea in the lobby as well as a complimentary breakfast (with eggs, bacon and custom order waffles) everyday.
And the staff... I can not say enough good things about them! They were very welcoming and friendly and it seemed as though a small army of them arrived every day to clean and touch up every detail around the hotel and every single person we passed said 'Hello'.
We personally liked that all the artwork around the building was of Cincinnati and local sights; just a little touch but it helped to make our stay seem a bit less generic.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 2, 2011

We recently stayed for one evening while we were there moving our son into his new apartment. When I made the phone reservation, they were very friendly and helpful. We arrived at the hotel around 9:30 after a long day of packing, cleaning and moving. The hotel front desk staff was so welcoming and had smiles on their faces which really helps a weary parent. We found our room in perfect condition. The air conditioner had the room chilled and it beautifully furnished. The bathroom was very clean and well stocked with towels. We showered and still had clean towels for a morning shower too. The beds and pillows were so comfortable which helped us get a great night's sleep. In the morning, we went down to the complementary breakfast which was very good. It had waffles, meat and omelets as well as the standard continental breakfast items. We will definitely stay there many times in the future.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple