“Great lamb meat”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
“Great lamb meat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

I had a gyro sandwich which was really well seasoned and savory. The lamb was cooked to perfection and fresh. My son had the chicken kabobs which were tasty, but a little dry. Our server was nice, but not very well versed in the cuisine when we had questions. Cute interior.

Visited January 2013

Cincinnati, Ohio U.S.A
“unique food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

We stopped by foe a quick dinner since we were in the area and looking for something different? we happened upon this place out of luck, food was Turkish and had a lovely flavor! would defiantly go back!

Visited December 2012
Cincinnati
“Always want to Love The Little Guys . . .”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

but, unfortunately, that's not the case this time. Nice location on Mt. Lookout Square. Our server was friendly and attentive. Dinner came out while we were still eating our appetizer (which drives me nuts - I saw this happen to another table and asked if they would space the food - was told yes, but it didn't happen - I don't know if the server failed to relay this request or the kitchen was to blame). The chef came out to see if we were happy and if we needed anything, which was nice and unexpected. Everyone really tried - the food just didn't live up to our expectations. With so many options, will probably not return.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank CincyCher
Salzburg, Austria
“This is not gyros”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2012

Honestly, I am not sure if there is supposed to be a difference between gyros and doner kebab. In many places in Europe, and many times in Greece, I have had what was called either gyros or kebab, which was meat (which can be lamb, pork, chicken, or what in Germany they call "kalb") shaved from a pile of meat roasting on a vertical rotating spit. Pera serves what they call gyros, but it is nothing like that. It is more like newspaper pulp mixed with boullion and cut into slices. It was awful, and I felt deceived.

• Visited July 2012
Ohio
“EXCEPTIONALLY good food ... the reason you should eat at Pera!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2011

Just discovered Pera last week having lunch with a friend, and it was so good I brought hubby back for dinner a few days later. It's a small, pleasant space -- a casual environment with outstanding food.
Lunch for me was an order of juicy and perfectly seasoned chunks of chicken, with veggies, wrapped in a fluffy, warm pita. Huge side salad of tossed greens. All for $6.50. Friend's lunch was falafel on pita -- she said it was excellent -- with a giant pile of fries. Also just $6.50.
For dinner, hubby and I split the appetizer sampler for two -- an ample (and yummy) assortment of falafel, stuffed grape leaves, tabouli, roasted whipped eggplant (baba ganoush) and whipped chick peas (hummus), and a delicious savory mixture of roasted tomatoes & peppers called ezme, served with a side of fluffy, warm pita triangles. Excellent!
My entree was baked eggplant - savory ground lamb stuffed in an eggplant half, with a side of (plain white) rice, and squash sauteed in some kind of tantalizing seasonings. Hubby's apricot chicken -- served with mashed potatoes and asparagus -- was also worthy of a thorough plate-cleaning. We enjoy Mediterranean food very much, and have eaten in most or all of the area's restaurants serving this cuisine. Pera's is one of the best. The host was also the waiter for the entire dining room, which although relatively small, was about 2/3 full. Surprisingly, he handled those responsibilities attentively and graciously. The only glitch is that he forgot to put my meal on the bill; he was quite grateful when we pointed out his omission. Lunch for two was $13 plus tax and tip; dinner for two was $44 plus tax and tip. Pera's exceptionally good food, comfortable atmosphere and reasonable prices are why you should try it for yourself.

• Visited August 2011