“Good food”

Ranked #226 of 1,965 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Clifton
Description: I provided the link to Dusmesh's Google listing because they do not have an official company hosted web page. Indian, Buffet and Vegetarian $10-15 per entree
“Good food”
Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

The indian food is really good here, I always get the lunch buffet. The last time I was there I invite some friend from class, they also enjoyed it.

• Visited October 2012

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Nothing Exceptional”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Sometimes you get into a restaurant rut and go the the same few restaurants again and again: your favorite salad place, burger joint, steak house or your favorite Indian or Chinese restaurant. Why gamble when you know the food is good? Then you hear about a new restaurant or read a review and want to try it. Why not. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

My wife and I have 2 favorite Indian restaurants in Cincinnati. We read favorable reviews of Dusmesh and thought we would give it a try.

The restaurant is not far from the University campus. Most of the diners seemed to be students and faculty. The building appeared to be a converted house, comfortable but not fancy. The decor was plain and the lighting subdued. Our waiter was attentive but not overbearing.

We ordered saag mushroom and chicken tika. Both dishes were adequate but nothing special, certainly not as good as we were used to.

So we ventured but did not gain. We will go back to our old standbys.

• Visited April 2013
Richmond, Indiana
“Wondeerful Indian buffet”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I really have never liked goat cooked in ethnic pots or any other pots until I finally happened on Dushmesh's rendition of this goat curry. It was fabulously tender and toothsome. Most of their items are quite good, even the hateful Gobi dessert like chicken tikka masala of the pink redish fame, here is moist and very tender. We go quite often to this offering as it is a total bargain for the price. And I look forward to the kulfi, which sometimes they don't have. If you have never had kulfi, it is a treat. Theirs is a mango ice with fruit. Delicious! The also serve poori, which is an inflated fried bread, again light as air.

• Visited April 2013
Loveland, Ohio
“Good food, disappointing service.”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I went to Dusmesh for the first time in October. Wonderful experience and the food was excellent and we had a kind waitress. I decided to go back again a couple months later and the experience was not as good. I ordered the exact same thing I ordered the last time with a spice level of 3. When I got it, I could not eat it because it was so spicy. My waiter did not come back around to ask how the food was so I flagged down another man who said he could bring me a yogurt to cool it down. That still did not cool it down enough for me to eat it so when the original waiter came around he was very condescending saying "You know the spice level is not on a scale of 1 to 10, right?" I think I know what I ordered the last time and it was NOT this hot. He did not offer to take it back or bring me anything else for free or I would have to pay. Finally, another man brought me a to go box. Not a good experience at all simply because of the attitude of the waiter. My boyfriend, who gets a 6 with all of his Indian dishes, said that mine was definitely not a 3 and that it was very spicy. Upon calling the restaurant, we were offered to come back and get a free dish and just say the manger's name. I highly doubt I will be returning to Dusmesh simply because of the attitude of the waiter (that I was stupid) and his unwillingness to make it right for me. It's a shame because my first experience was a pleasant one but there are other Indian restaurants that do not require a 25 mile drive that would suffice.

• Visited January 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
“great lunch buffett!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

the selection is hugh at the lunch buffett. everything is hot, fresh. and very tasty. they have an egg dish that is to die for. the place is very clean. the staff makes everyone fell welcome. prices are very fair considering the quality. this is a must try if you never tried Indian food.

• Visited February 2013