“Overrated and slightly overpriced”
Review of Oriental Wok

Oriental Wok
Reserve with OpenTable
Oriental Wok is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #158 of 2,005 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Hyde Park
Reviewed January 29, 2014

I ate here last month while in Cincinnati. I agree that it is a very good Chinese-American restaurant, but certainly not worth the lavish praise that most reviewers are giving it. The food is very good, the service is good and the overall ambiance is good. By no stretch does this restaurant deserve excellent ratings nor does it belong in the top 5 in Cincinnati. Would I eat here again? Yes. Would I recommend it to friends? Yes, but with a caution about the prices. However I feel that placing this restaurant among the top in Cincinnati is a disservice to a lot of excellent restaurants in the area.

Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

No better than any other "Chinese" restaurant, but at twice the price. $9 for a a tiny amount of Vegetable Delight and you don't get soup and an egg roll? This place is certainly fooling a lot of people.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

The food was excellent. Amazing crab Rangoon. The food was hot and well prepared. My husband got the best tasting scallops and I had a great shrimp dish. Typically I prefer chicken fried rice, but I thought their white rice was actually better.

We will return!

Reviewed December 31, 2013

Nice ambiance with attentive service and large menu of authentic Chinese dishes. Sophisticated wine menu of great selections at reasonable prices. Also wonderful Belgian and Scottish beers on a special seasonal menu card. We found the steamed sea bass to be superb. We definitely plan a return visit.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

My wife and I go to the Oriental Wok often. The food is delicious and the service is top notch. Highly recommend it!