“Well kept and beautiful spot for photography”
Review of Riverwalk

and up
Cincinnati Streetcar Food Tour in Cincinnati OH
Ranked #20 of 189 things to do in Cincinnati
More attraction details
Owner description: This trail stretches 4 miles, from Cincinnati into Kentucky, and offers a spectacular view of the Cincinnati skyline.
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Being the first visit, I didnt know what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised with this park and enjoyed the swings that overlook the river. It was brisk and chilly, so I cant say I "enjoyed" being out too long, but the views of all the bridges was truly unique. As you walk along you progress beyond the ballpark and beyond the convention center and get a bit into the "city". I felt a bit uneasy as it was dusk and so we turned around. There are bridges that you can walk on pedestrian walkways, but being from a different city that you are "always looking behind your back" I didnt want to venture out on a bridge at dusk and then not be comfortable with my situation. So I cant say how "single person or family friendly" it may be especially when there are not many people around. I did not see any enforcement officers or policemen....and that just could be becuase there is no problem in this area.
I would come again, and if I lived in this area it would be a great place to come daily and just enjoy the view.
Plan on sunset - fantastic pictures.
The best part of the place involves the signs about all the old steamboats - wow!~ Take your time to read them and understand the history of the area.
I would rather have visited during a warmer day and earlier in the day for the sign reading as it was "in the shadows" and not conducive to standing around.

2  Thank Typs4U

Reviewed May 7, 2014

What a pleasure. The Ohio River has such a history it's not hard to picture all the activity that went on there. Nice walk area with the swings you just have to sit down on. We were there during the "Flying Pig Marathon" so we saw the finish line of the race. There were booths set up for food and drinks and other various organizations.

1  Thank JL2z
Reviewed May 1, 2014

I love the river walk. After a long hard day at Kings Island, we visited the river walk for a nice romantic stroll. It was so peaceful and beautiful. Not a lot of people were there so we were able to have a nice peaceful walk with conversation. Lots of beautiful pictures to take. This is the best part of Cincinnati.

2  Thank KentuckyTravelBug80
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Enjoyed seeing the riverboat parked dockside. Several bridges if you like the architectural thing even if you don't they are beautiful. We walked across from the Newport Aquarium to Cincinnati, also was able to see the duck boats they drive around town and then plunge into the Ohio river looked like everyone was having a good time.

2  Thank Jennifer C
Reviewed March 31, 2014

The Riverwalk is very nice to go for a walk on a beautiful day. There are nice restaurants nearby. There was a lot of construction though.

2  Thank A M