“Springhill suites near Casino”

SpringHill Suites Cincinnati Midtown
Ranked #21 of 51 Hotels in Cincinnati
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Stayed here on reduced rate from the Horseshoe Casino. The hotel is a short distance from the casino by car or the provided hourly shuttle. The all suite hotel is modern, perfectly maintained and clean as a pin. We arrived on Sunday evening and there was almost no one here. It appears the facility is used primarily for business travelers. There is a business area and a pool but no spa. They serve a simple hot breakfast similar to most hotels. The room was large and had a sofa, desk area and a very comfortable king bed. Toilet and excellent shower facilities are located in two separate small rooms with very convenient rolling doors. free wifi and lan is provided.

Room Tip: All rooms are suites and there is no outside noise.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
SpringHillCincy, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Cincinnati Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Thank you for your review of our property! We are glad you could stay with us, I hope you had a good time at the casino as well. Please visit us again the next time you come to Cincinnati, we would love to see you again!

Reviewed August 7, 2013

We stayed here to attend Reds game and the other Marriott properties closer to stadium were sold out. It was only an $8.00 cab ride from hotel to stadium, so not bad on distance or price. We stopped at the casino on the way back, then took the shuttle from casino to Springhill Suites which was very convenient. The hotel was clean and staff nice, breakfast was good. The coffee at breakfast could use some help, very weak, looked like tea, but there are coffee makers in the room.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
SpringHillCincy, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Cincinnati Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Thanks so much for your reveiw! We will take a look at our coffee and see what we can do to make improvements on that. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us, it sounds like you had a great experience with Cincinnati overall. Hope to see you next time!

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Very quite, efficient, clean, easy to get to Casino, either by shuttle or just walk. Enjoyed our stay immensely! The rooms were comped by HorseShoe but we would stay there even if we had no comps. The room had a wonderful TV area with the TV swiveling either to the TV area or bed and a wonderful work station where one could do business, WiFi, or read the newspaper while your partner slept. Downstairs was a neat little bar and rest area and outside you could wait for the free shuttle to the casino. One recommendation we could make is make sure you get the shuttle that has SpringHill listed first. If you do not, you will go to all the other stops first and then to SpringHill and that wastes a lot of time.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

We really appreciate your comments! Thanks for taking the time to share your experience of our hotel here on TripAdvisor. We hope we see you again the next time you come to Cincinnati!

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Primarily caters to the business traveler, not the best for a family trip. Very few options for kids. Even though we were busy and out and about most of the time, we could not find anything suitable for the kids while we were at the hotel. The TV options for kids were non-existent. The pool was disappointing. In addition, there was a loud, knock down, drag out domestic in the room right next to ours that security did not diffuse until 3-4am. It had been going on for hours, and we were unable to sleep.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

We are very sorry to hear about your family's experience with us. It is our hope that both business travelers as well as families can enjoy our hotel so it is concerning to hear your comments. We will take this feedback into consideration and do everything we can to provide services for all types of guests. Looking into our TV channel options willl be a great place to start, thanks for that suggestion.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in August 2012 while attending a Bengals/Packers preseason game. On our way back to our room, after the game, my cousin and I decided to have a drink at the hotel bar. My cousin ordered a beer an I asked for an amaretto sour. I asked the bartender(This particular bartender looked like a greasy, poor man's Elvis impersonator) if I could get the drink but double the size "like in a Highball glass." The bartender gave me an irritated look and said "You know that's like a $12 dollar drink?" I told him I paid close to $200 to stay in this hotel so $12 really doesn't matter. He then asked me where I was from. I told him and then he said he was going to properly teach me how to order a drink. I first was stunned. I could not believe I was being talked to like this by a bartender. I tried to interrupt him when he started going on about how to order a "Double." He then he said "If you interrupt me, I'm not going to serve you." Needless to say, that was all it took for me, and my cousin, to get up from the bar and give him a piece of our minds. Later that night, I was at the front desk and he apologized for the rude behavior. I never reported it to the manager the next day and I regret that. Other than that, the hotel was great and breakfast the next morning was wonderful.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
SpringHillCincy, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Cincinnati Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Thank you for getting this off your chest and reporting this to us. When guests care enough to give us their feedback it is extremely valuable, particularly in this case. We will certainly talk to this employee about his behavior right away. It is great to hear that you enjoyed the rest of your stay as well. We apologize for your inconvenience and appreciate for your comments.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

I have read a few negative reviews about this hotel. My stay was the exact opposite. the staff was friendly and helpful. the rooms are fresh, clean and very modern. The morning breakfast was one of the best around. I look forward to going back when I visit cincinatti again. You cannot go wrong here

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
SpringHillCincy, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Cincinnati Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

We are so glad you tried us out! We do our best to please everyone so I am so glad we were the right fit for you. Hopefully you can come back to Cincinnati and see us again! Thank you so much for the great review!

Reviewed July 13, 2013

After trying a Hilton property in Columbus, I reverted back to my favorite hotel for business travel, Springhill Suites. The rooms are always clean and most of all, I appreciate the layout in that there is a separate area with a couch and desk so the room doesn't feel so crowded. The hair products provided are Paul Mitchell. Normally there is a good hair dryer in the room. However, mine was missing and I had to call down to housekeeping to bring one up. You also have to pay $8 for parking at this location.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank PaulaNJNewJersey
SpringHillCincy, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Cincinnati Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

We are so glad you came back to us! Thanks for your comments and for your loyalty to our hotel. I am sorry to hear about your experience with the hair dryer and hope you got a new one promptly. We hope to see you again the next time you have business in Cincinnati!