“Breathtaking Stained Glass Windows”

Cathedral Basilica of the Assumption
Ranked #27 of 189 things to do in Cincinnati
More attraction details
Owner description: A gothic cathedral that has a design similar to Notre Dame in Paris.
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Just across the Ohio river from Cincinnati, Covington, Kentucky has a secret gem. The Cathedral Basilica of the Assumption is modeled after Notre Dame in Paris. Visit in the spring/summer and tour the outside gardens as well. Take the 12th Street exit off of I-75. It's literally blocks away, located on the corner of 12th Street and Madison Avenue in Covington, KY.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

I'm used to visit cathedrals and churches every time I visit a different city that has one worth visiting, and this one was a good surprise. I've recently visited the Westminster Cathedral in London, which is very beautiful, but this one in Cincinnati is much more beautiful! For the first time in a long time, I felt real peace when I was there.
I just had a real hard time trying to find it. So, here is it's offical website (http://www.covcathedral.com/) and this is its address: Cathedral Basilica of the Assumption - 1140 Madison Avenue - Covington, KY 41011 - USA - 859-431-2060. Note that it's not in Ohio, but in Kentucky!

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Patterned after the famed cathedral in Paris, this smaller version of Notre Dame is one of the most beautiful churches in North America, featuring a rose window and lots of beautiful stained glass. Make sure you don't miss checking out the gargoyles all over the roof!

Reviewed November 6, 2013

This cathederal church is quite a massive place and its architecture is fabulous. For free it is worth every penny. However up the road is a place called the garden of hope is an awe inspiring view of the Cincinnati complete with a replica of the garden tomb and built all by volunteers. Both worth seeing

1  Thank Joseph S
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I loved the place.! I wanted to visit a Church in Cincinnati. I'm glad I visited this one. It was just so wonderful and peaceful. memorable. I felt like staying longer. Excellent.! It is worth a visit. Visited Aug 2012.