“Beautiful.!!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #18 of 141 things to do in Cincinnati
More attraction details
Owner description: A gothic cathedral that has a design similar to Notre Dame in Paris.
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Beautiful.!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I loved the place.! I wanted to visit a Church in Cincinnati. I'm glad I visited this one. It was just so wonderful and peaceful. memorable. I felt like staying longer. Excellent.! It is worth a visit. Visited Aug 2012.

Visited October 2012

Buckingham, United Kingdom
122 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 98 helpful votes
“Cincinnati Cathedral”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

We were travelling thru' to Cleveland and decided to take a break in Cincinnati.Using the internet we found the cathedral. It is stunning and the stained glass windows were worth the visit on its' own.There are people around to answer Questions and were knowledgeable enough not to be stumped.Good place to go for a couple of hours. Also drive to the park at the top of the hill in Cincinnati. Short drive well worth it for the view over the city and the river.
Pleasant three hours .

Visited September 2012
1 Thank cynthiarob
Washington DC, District of Columbia
402 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 683 helpful votes
“Best mosaics outside of Italy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Can you imagine our wonder at seeing the Stations of the Cross in mosaics made in Venice? 80,000 pieces per mosaic? We were awestruck. In addition, the stained glass windows are works of art in themselves. It's a pleasant drive down main street Covington to the Cathedral, and it's close to downtown Cincy. It won't take much time and I guarantee if you know what you are seeing, you will be inspired.

Visited August 2013
Milford, Ohio
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“This old ex-Catholic really really enjoyed Mass here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Enjoyed this magnificent feat of architecture - glorious stained glass windows and humility of the Mass provided to this strained neighborhood. If I were a practicing Catholic - I would seek out a visit to this cathedral and be willing to drive 4-6 hours, spend the night in a hotel on the river, go to Sunday Mass and have brunch at Keystone bar on Greenup.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Kranny115
Crestview Hls
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Amazing Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I've seen more cathedrals in Europe that I can count. I just happened to stop by the Basilica one rainy day to have a look at the stained-glass windows. Whoa... what a beautiful place. Small by European standards, but incredibly beautiful in terms of its rich, rich woodwork and stained-glass windows.

Visited January 2013