“Very good....a slight step up”

Kanak India Restaurant
Ranked #991 of 2,028 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Buffet, Reservations
Description: Step into Kanak India Restaurant for an authentic Indian cuisine. Your senses will fill with aromatic herbs and spices perfectly blended with vegetables and/or meat to give you a true taste of India right in your neighborhood.
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Plenty of good indian food places at our disposal in the area. Kanak happens to be one we frequent since we find it a little better than some of the other. Not mind blowing great, but very good food. Establishment is well run , but service can be a bit "stiff". We're there for the food, and never disappointed. Rarely have to wait for a table. Food is served quickly and always hot and freshly made. Certainly worth a try.

2  Thank scott c

Reviewed October 21, 2013

I found the Kanak India through tripadvisor while researching our trip to Cincinnati. I'm glad I did my homework. The Kanak India was great. Service was excellent. We were greeted by the owner and he was so happy to know how we found his place. The food was delicious. We were five eating that night and we all ordered different things and tried each other's dishes. Everything tasted fresh and very flavourful. I ordered the chicken korma and tikka masala with garlic naan and it tasted so fresh....Great experience, would recommend to anyone in Cincinnati!

2  Thank JassAtwal
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Baba India in Oakley was our favorite, but when Kanak opened closer to where we live, we gave it a try. (I think they have the same owner, not sure.) Kanak is just as good, which means the food is fantastic. Our usuals are Aloo Choley and Chicken Tikka. Also like the Fish Tikka (salmon). Lots of people like the Saturday lunch buffet.

2  Thank HabbyMomma
Reviewed July 30, 2013

The best Indian Restaurant in town. Food is outstanding and superb ambiance. The chicken tikka masala is out of the world.

3  Thank sanjay_h23
Reviewed July 22, 2013

My husband works downtown and Indian take-out from Ambar is one of our favorites. Sunday we decided to get take-out from Kanak (closer to home and open), after mixed reviews and reviewing their website. Ordered our favorites: papadi chat, lamb curry, chicken saag, naan. The chicken saag was moist,fresh and delicious! Other restaurants allow the meat to simmer in the sauce for so long it is dry and tough, but not here. The lamb in the lamb curry was also fantastic, not gamey at all. I did find the curry a bit sweet and buttery for my taste. We ordered a "2" and it was not very hot, but did need a little salt. We will be back!

2  Thank daniellescrase