“Impressive collection”
Review of Taft Museum of Art

Taft Museum of Art
Ranked #24 of 189 things to do in Cincinnati
More attraction details
Owner description: Housed in a 175-year-old Federal building, this private art collection - one of the world's best - includes art from around the world, from 13th-century European sculpture to ancient Chinese porcelains to 17th-century European painting.
Reviewed June 13, 2013

We were quite impressed with the collection. State of the art and security galore. The curator was available for questions. Highly recommended.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Easy access, beautiful view of an unique aspect of Cincinnati. Well organized and coherent per wing. Loved the Daguerreotypes.
Inadvertently left an iPad on a very comfortable couch and it was returned inside 10mins by staff! For which many thanks!

1  Thank Susan D
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Recently revisited the Taft Museum as I had an hour to burn between appointments in Cincinnati. The African American Art exhibit was"on" and although I am not African American, the exhibit was amazing. The diversity of the art from different artists and over a long period of time was interesting and educational for me. Once again, the Taft has risen to the challenge of making me "a believer" in art I likely would not have gone to see independently. This museum, although small has many great touring exhibits and a fine "in house" collection. Well worth your time to visit for an afternoon.There is a small cafe for snack/lunch although on weekends it is very crowded and you may need reservations. There is a nice gift shop. Free Parking is available in the garage behind the museum. Admission is charged. Note: This is an ADULT/ TEEN activity. There are no facilties for the amusement or care of children.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We visited the Taft with a group of 6 adults and 3 kids. We went on Sunday with the museum was free. Our kids were 8-10 and I still felt like I had to hover. There are security people everywhere. The kids had fun playing I Spy throughout the rooms using the provided children's brochures. Since it is house, it has a different feel than the other museums I have been to. I enjoyed walking through the rooms. They have a very nice gift shop with some unique items. We made several purchases. Worth the visit especially if you are downtown on a Sunday.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

I accidentally found this place while walking around the downtown area and I was really pleased I did. I think it will really appeal to lovers of history and art, alike. It is worth the entry fee just to see the murals in the old entry foyer of the original house. I liked the history associated with the building and the art collection is really good and well curated. I especially liked the collection of ceramics. Beautiful. Staff were friendly and proud of the collection and eager to point out special things to look at. The cafe looked great, but I didn't indulge (shame!).