“Clean and Friendly”

Ranked #28 of 51 Hotels in Cincinnati
Memphis, Tennessee
“Clean and Friendly”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

Very clean and a wonderful staff. We got to see the hotel like most people never get to see. A 5 day vacation turned into a 14 day stay after a family member in town went to the hospital. Madina and her staff went to extra lengths to help us with everything they could. We were in and out all hours of day and night after lengthy hospital visits. After a 2 week stay we saw nothing but a very well run hotel. Any hour of the day or night the staff was so friendly and took care of our room well after normal cleaning times. They adjusted for our needs. We have stayed here before and will always stay here when in Cincinnati. Thank you, Madina. Steve in Memphis,TN

Room Tip: Book early because many are repeat customers and it can sell out
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Steve S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Central Illinois
Reviewed August 7, 2014

Front desk check in personnel, especially Michelle were very god. Pleasant, helpful and knowledgeable. That's about it.
Room was poorly lit, there was mold in the top right corner of the shower (not that it should EVER matter but this was a suite room!).
Beds were not the worst but not comfy either.
Breakfast was very thin. Have gotten MUCH better on a regular basis from both Holiday Inn and Hampton.
Pool area was very dark and dingy. There was about 2 inches of water all around the pool from where it had flooded and not been cleaned up. Was not going to use it with my son.
Price per night was easily double the rate of most other chains in the area, everyone else was sold out and now I know why this one was not.
Will NOT stay again here!

West Harrison, Indiana
Reviewed July 29, 2014

Stayed at this newer hotel however rooms show signs of wear and tear. Place was clean. The breakfast not so good, it's average to say the least. Prices are high for type of room. Pool is not the cleanest.

Room Tip: Average and dated
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
San Diego, California
Reviewed July 15, 2014

I've stayed here before. I'm watching the place change over the years.One thing very unusual about this place? When KINKOs closed across the road, this hotel stepped in to be the "business service center" to support my 93 year old father for over a year. How many hotels would do this on a regular basis? Media at the front desk, went above and beyond on delivering quality support services!!!!

Would I stay here again? Definitely YES. Its home away from home.

Did I grumble this time? OH YEH! The management made good on my serious complaints.

I'm going to focus on what the did "right". In the first day and a half, I had four rooms - the last I kept for two nights. Complaints were mostly housekeeping related and one for a maintenance issue.

Each time as possible, they jumped on it and either made it possible for me to move to another room or fixed the issue.

In the end, they comped two extra nights for me for the inconvenience.

Same GM, some of the same front desk people. Housekeeping seems to have a lot of turnover and therein lies the "problem".

I'm fond of this hotel as I first stayed in it when it was new. The suites are really really nice - some have even full sized kitchens and dining room areas. Fridge and microwave are standard in all rooms. Beds are extremely comfortable - unless you find an off-one that is ready tor recycling. Most are REALLY really nice. Several types of pillows are offered, too. Love the bedding. Usually this is the kind of place you stay for a night and want to move in for a month.

Pool, jacuzzi - both indoor - and laundry facilities, plus a decent breakfast and close-by 24 hour restaurants and other restaurants make this location nice. (Red Lobster, Golden Corral, Spaghetti Factory, Asian Buffet, Steak and Shake, McD's, Frish's / Big Boy, Wendy's, Skyline Chili. Just off I-275 at Winton/ Gilmore.

Home Depot is just in back of here. Dollar store is nearby, as well as Meijers, and US Bank in the Meijers.
Tri-County Mall is about a five minute drive away.

Some of the front desk people will go way out of the way to support your business needs services.

Watch for specials with Choice Hotels - right now its a $50 gift card for decent places with a two-place stay or two-times stay,

Room Tip: Just check out your room closely before setting in. Check the bathrooms, rod, towels, faucet for dri...
Road Warrior
Reviewed July 10, 2014

I'm pretty picky so I don't give a lot of 5 star reviews and to be honest most hotels tend to fall short of my expectations in some aspect or another, this is one of the few that met all of my expectations.

I had one of the king executive suites, the room was huge and well laid out. I had a full sized fridge, microwave, dishwasher and sink in kitchenette. I've stayed in a lot of Comfort Suites and I rarely run into ones that have those amenities, especially at a $82 corporate rate. There was no dishes of cookware, however, I travel with my own so no biggie.

In addition to the kitchen there was also a table that 2 could eat at, a comfortable desk/chair to work at with plenty of easy access plug in's for my computer, 2 LCD TV's and a nice couch.

Everything was clean and in good condition, there were a few stains on the carpet and scuffs on the walls from past idiot hotel guests but it didn't take away from the great room IMO.

Bed was comfortable, not sure what the mattress was as it was encased completely in a mattress cover, which I thought was a nice touch because it probably makes the mattress much more sanitary then just a sheet covering it. Bed was not too soft and not too firm so I think it will appeal to a lot of travelers, I know I slept well.

Bathroom was large, there was a nice, quality showerhead and TON's of water pressure, which made for a great shower.

The WIFI was decent, speed tests showed around 1.5Mbps download speeds which is on the lower end of what I run across in my travels, however, the connection was solid and I was able to stream video with no problems and thats all that really matters to me. You do get frequently logged out if you sit idle too long but it's not a big deal to reconnect.

Parking is extremely limited, I would not want to be driving a huge RV or pulling a boat because there just is no room in the lot but I never had any problem finding a spot for my car.

Location was great, plenty of shopping and restaurants close.

All in all I really enjoyed my stay and this is a hotel worth of a 5 star rating. I'm actually a little surprised this isn't a Choice Hotels Award winner, they have a managers reception, employees were friendly, great amenities, excellent cleanliness, I even received a bottle of water, granola bar and a note in my room thanking me for being a Choice Privileges member so I'm not sure what else they can do to. This hotel blows away many of the Choice Hotels Platinum award winners I have stayed in. I even stayed in one that was awarded Inn of the Year that was not as nice as this IMO.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
General_Manager_CS, Manager at Comfort Suites Forest Park, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
WOW!!!

Thank you, AlCzervik1 for a great 5-star review. Coming from a Top Contributor makes it an icing on the cake:))) I look forward to sharing your review with our team.
I love your tips and recommendations. So useful for other travelers. Looks like you stayed in one of our Business Suites - I Love love love those. We are lucky to have these spacious suites. So much room to strech! I am glad you enjoyed our manager's reception as well. It gets a lot of people excited after a long day at work.

Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a swim meet! I paid a little more than I normally do for a comfort inn, but it was worth it for location and cleanliness. Very nice personel, very clean and spacious rooms and hallways. We loved eating at the Spagetti Factory too! Will stay here again!

• Stayed June 2014
Thank you, Travelingswimmom!

I am happy to hear you felt the hotel was a great value. I have just shared this review with our team, who is proud that their hard work pays off. I am glad you were able to check out Spaghetti factory. Their pasta is yummy))

Thank you for visiting us and hope to see you soon!

Reviewed April 20, 2014

This hotel is great!
I loved the beds - the mattress was so comfortable and they had two types of pillows - soft and firm. They do need to update the pictures on their website because they actually got new bedding with white top sheet and it looks so much better than what I saw on the pictures.
The room that we got was a standard king suite and it was very spacious. The amount of plugs they have on their desk in the rooms was very convenient. They had a little charging station with couple of regular plugs and couple of Ipad/Iphone plugs.
The workout room was very nice. I was also surprised by the breakfast selection.
The hotel was located right off the highway and across from few restaurants. Very convenient,
The gentleman at the desk was very friendly. He made me feel very welcomed.
I would definitely come back to stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Lori S
General M, Manager at Comfort Suites Forest Park, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Thank you for your 5-star review and choosing Comfort Suites Cincinnati, OH as your hotel of choice for your recent visit to the area. II was excited to hear you enjoyed your stay especially our location, bedding and our friendly and helpful hosts
Your business is much appreciated and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future