“Loved it”

Ranked #26 of 49 Hotels in Cincinnati
Road Warrior
“Loved it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014

I'm pretty picky so I don't give a lot of 5 star reviews and to be honest most hotels tend to fall short of my expectations in some aspect or another, this is one of the few that met all of my expectations.

I had one of the king executive suites, the room was huge and well laid out. I had a full sized fridge, microwave, dishwasher and sink in kitchenette. I've stayed in a lot of Comfort Suites and I rarely run into ones that have those amenities, especially at a $82 corporate rate. There was no dishes of cookware, however, I travel with my own so no biggie.

In addition to the kitchen there was also a table that 2 could eat at, a comfortable desk/chair to work at with plenty of easy access plug in's for my computer, 2 LCD TV's and a nice couch.

Everything was clean and in good condition, there were a few stains on the carpet and scuffs on the walls from past idiot hotel guests but it didn't take away from the great room IMO.

Bed was comfortable, not sure what the mattress was as it was encased completely in a mattress cover, which I thought was a nice touch because it probably makes the mattress much more sanitary then just a sheet covering it. Bed was not too soft and not too firm so I think it will appeal to a lot of travelers, I know I slept well.

Bathroom was large, there was a nice, quality showerhead and TON's of water pressure, which made for a great shower.

The WIFI was decent, speed tests showed around 1.5Mbps download speeds which is on the lower end of what I run across in my travels, however, the connection was solid and I was able to stream video with no problems and thats all that really matters to me. You do get frequently logged out if you sit idle too long but it's not a big deal to reconnect.

Parking is extremely limited, I would not want to be driving a huge RV or pulling a boat because there just is no room in the lot but I never had any problem finding a spot for my car.

Location was great, plenty of shopping and restaurants close.

All in all I really enjoyed my stay and this is a hotel worth of a 5 star rating. I'm actually a little surprised this isn't a Choice Hotels Award winner, they have a managers reception, employees were friendly, great amenities, excellent cleanliness, I even received a bottle of water, granola bar and a note in my room thanking me for being a Choice Privileges member so I'm not sure what else they can do to. This hotel blows away many of the Choice Hotels Platinum award winners I have stayed in. I even stayed in one that was awarded Inn of the Year that was not as nice as this IMO.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
General_Manager_CS, Manager at Comfort Suites Forest Park, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
WOW!!!

Thank you, AlCzervik1 for a great 5-star review. Coming from a Top Contributor makes it an icing on the cake:))) I look forward to sharing your review with our team.
I love your tips and recommendations. So useful for other travelers. Looks like you stayed in one of our Business Suites - I Love love love those. We are lucky to have these spacious suites. So much room to strech! I am glad you enjoyed our manager's reception as well. It gets a lot of people excited after a long day at work.

Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you soon!

Madina

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a swim meet! I paid a little more than I normally do for a comfort inn, but it was worth it for location and cleanliness. Very nice personel, very clean and spacious rooms and hallways. We loved eating at the Spagetti Factory too! Will stay here again!

• Stayed June 2014
Thank you, Travelingswimmom!

I am happy to hear you felt the hotel was a great value. I have just shared this review with our team, who is proud that their hard work pays off. I am glad you were able to check out Spaghetti factory. Their pasta is yummy))

Thank you for visiting us and hope to see you soon!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014

This hotel is great!
I loved the beds - the mattress was so comfortable and they had two types of pillows - soft and firm. They do need to update the pictures on their website because they actually got new bedding with white top sheet and it looks so much better than what I saw on the pictures.
The room that we got was a standard king suite and it was very spacious. The amount of plugs they have on their desk in the rooms was very convenient. They had a little charging station with couple of regular plugs and couple of Ipad/Iphone plugs.
The workout room was very nice. I was also surprised by the breakfast selection.
The hotel was located right off the highway and across from few restaurants. Very convenient,
The gentleman at the desk was very friendly. He made me feel very welcomed.
I would definitely come back to stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Lori S
General M, Manager at Comfort Suites Forest Park, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Thank you for your 5-star review and choosing Comfort Suites Cincinnati, OH as your hotel of choice for your recent visit to the area. II was excited to hear you enjoyed your stay especially our location, bedding and our friendly and helpful hosts
Your business is much appreciated and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

My husband and I stayed at this Comfort Suites for a long weekend in a king suite. The room was nicer than expected for the price.

Our room had a full sized fridge, dishwasher, sink, and microwave in the kitchenette. There was a small 2 person table in the kitchen area.There was a nice sitting area with a desk and television in the living area. The desk had a multi-outlet plug which was very nice for charging phones. The room was supposed to have a sleeper sofa, but only had a chair instead. This was not a problem, because we didn't need the sleeper sofa, but it would have been nice to not have to pull a chair up to watch television with my husband. Wifi was very slow and kicked me off when not used for a short time. It was a pain to have to log back in often and took me away from the page I was on everytime I had to log back in.There was not a door between the bedroom and living area. There was a second television in the bedroom. The king bed was very comfortable and both soft and firm pillows were available. Extra blankets were available in the closet. Noise was not a problem, the room was very quiet. There were plenty of towels available. Water pressure was good, but there was no hot water on Sunday morning. Our room (on the 4th floor) was very hot at check in. It took a while to figure out the air conditioner and get the room to a nice temperature.

We did not use the workout room, but it appeared to be better appointed than most hotels. The pool was equipped with a handicap lift. The hot tub was nice. The pool was quiet on the weekday, but was busy all weekend.

Breakfast was hot and fresh every morning with plenty of options. There were hot options such as a waffle maker, eggs, and meat every morning. There were also plenty of cereals, danishes, and yogurt available. There was plenty of sitting are in the breakfast area.

The main areas of the hotel were clean and well appointed. The staff were all friendly and helpful. My husband cut his hand one night (on a knife in our room) and I went to the front desk for a bandaid. The desk clerk really tried to find an appropriate bandaid for me but his first aid kit was not well stocked. Luckily there is a BP gas station within walking distance that had everything we needed! It would be nice for the desk to have a well stocked first aid kit though.

The hotel was in a nice central location with plenty of dining and shopping within minutes of the hotel. There is a McDonalds, Steak and Shake, and IHOP within walking distance of the hotel.

Overall, the hotel was very clean and just slightly worn. There were a few areas in the hallways where the carpet had a small hole. The carpet was fraying slightly in one area of our room. There was a small chip on the paint on the wall in our room. These were all superficial and did not take away from the overall quality of the hotel...just little things I noticed. I feel the room was a good value for the price and I would stay here again!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
General M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Forest Park, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear, Guest

Thank you for your kind review.

It was a pleasure to read you enjoyed your stay especially our location, guest room, amenities and our new bedding.

Thank you for sharing your story, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

McCordsville, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014

The night desk clerk working 3/29/14 was rude. First I asked him for 3 towels and only came back with 2. Then I asked for change for a 5 dollar bill with a corner ripped, and even though it still had serial code labeled twice, he refused to give us change, and I kept asking why, and then he said "I don't want to." He was never at the desk when I went to ask for something also. He was in the back, and wouldn't come out to the front right away. . He is the reason I have you a two for service.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Ashley_Offenbach
General M, Manager at Comfort Suites Forest Park, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Dear, Ashley

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent stay. I was disappointed to read that you had a poor experience when you used the hotel and this is not the usual high standard of guest experience that we offer.
We appreciate the feedback that we receive from our guests & this is crucial for us to improve the products & services that we offer. Once again thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are currently working to make sure this does not happen again.

Twinsburg, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014

Booked this quickly after leaving another hotel that was poor. Staff very attentive and friendly. Appeared to be very concerned with customer experience. Hotel was clean, and I tend to be very picky when it comes to cleanliness which is why most hotels fail with me. Breakfast was simple but good and area was well attended to and kept stocked. Probably will stay here again on our next trip.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Jacqueline P
Dear, Jacqueline.

Thank you kindly for taking time to review our hotel. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay.

Hope to see you soon,

Penn, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2014

The staff was very friendly! The location was great as well as the rate. There were several restaurants nearby and a mall across the street. The bed was very clean as well as the bathroom. However our furniture needed a good wipe down. The couch and chair were very stained and the there were marks all over the dresser. The walls also had a lot of marks on them. It was surprising since the hotel doesn't seem that old. Loved the fitness center! It was great that they had 2 treadmills! They also had an elliptical and a stationary bike. The breakfast was also good.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank 819ywehc
Dear, Guest

Thank you for taking time to write a review.

We are glad you enjoyed your stay and found our staff very friendly. We apologize if the couch and chair were stained in your room.

We hope you stay with us again,