I'm pretty picky so I don't give a lot of 5 star reviews and to be honest most hotels tend to fall short of my expectations in some aspect or another, this is one of the few that met all of my expectations.
I had one of the king executive suites, the room was huge and well laid out. I had a full sized fridge, microwave, dishwasher and sink in kitchenette. I've stayed in a lot of Comfort Suites and I rarely run into ones that have those amenities, especially at a $82 corporate rate. There was no dishes of cookware, however, I travel with my own so no biggie.
In addition to the kitchen there was also a table that 2 could eat at, a comfortable desk/chair to work at with plenty of easy access plug in's for my computer, 2 LCD TV's and a nice couch.
Everything was clean and in good condition, there were a few stains on the carpet and scuffs on the walls from past idiot hotel guests but it didn't take away from the great room IMO.
Bed was comfortable, not sure what the mattress was as it was encased completely in a mattress cover, which I thought was a nice touch because it probably makes the mattress much more sanitary then just a sheet covering it. Bed was not too soft and not too firm so I think it will appeal to a lot of travelers, I know I slept well.
Bathroom was large, there was a nice, quality showerhead and TON's of water pressure, which made for a great shower.
The WIFI was decent, speed tests showed around 1.5Mbps download speeds which is on the lower end of what I run across in my travels, however, the connection was solid and I was able to stream video with no problems and thats all that really matters to me. You do get frequently logged out if you sit idle too long but it's not a big deal to reconnect.
Parking is extremely limited, I would not want to be driving a huge RV or pulling a boat because there just is no room in the lot but I never had any problem finding a spot for my car.
Location was great, plenty of shopping and restaurants close.
All in all I really enjoyed my stay and this is a hotel worth of a 5 star rating. I'm actually a little surprised this isn't a Choice Hotels Award winner, they have a managers reception, employees were friendly, great amenities, excellent cleanliness, I even received a bottle of water, granola bar and a note in my room thanking me for being a Choice Privileges member so I'm not sure what else they can do to. This hotel blows away many of the Choice Hotels Platinum award winners I have stayed in. I even stayed in one that was awarded Inn of the Year that was not as nice as this IMO.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Comfort Suites is located close to the Bass Pro Shop Outdoor World store at Cincinnati Mills and several other shopping areas and local attractions. This all suite hotel offers guest suites with microwave, refrigerator, hair dryer, complimentary WIFI, iron and full size ironing board, plasma TV and pull out sofa sleeper in every room. We have an indoor pool, exercise room, business center and guest laundry. We offer a full, hot breakfast each morning and plenty of free onsite parking. All Comfort Suites are 100 percent smoke-free properties. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Choice Hotels, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Comfort Suites Forest Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites Forest Park Hotel Cincinnati
- Comfort Suites Forest Park Cincinnati, Ohio