“Great hotel for a business trip” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Kingsgate Marriott Conference Center at the University of Cincinnati

Kingsgate Marriott Conference Center at the University of Cincinnati
Ranked #18 of 50 Hotels in Cincinnati
Greenville, North Carolina
“Great hotel for a business trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

This was a great hotel. it had everything you ever need. It also had a shuttle/car service that would take you to most places that you need to go. The hotel had a nice roll-in shower which was great for a wheelchair user. The only thing is that it's pretty pricey

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Vbaby00

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Worthington, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

Stayed for 1 night and as I had hoped, the Kingsgate Marriott lived up to my expectations. Warmly greeted by the reception staff with a very efficient check in. Room was immaculate and furnished very tastefully, everything was in good repair. Breakfast buffet was plentiful and monitored with good frequency, waitstaff attentive with juice and coffee. Check- out was as efficient and staff was very personable & professional. Another great experience from the Marriott.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Columbus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for one night. Room was clean and well ventilated. I was also treated to a nice view of the college campus. The breakfast was fantastic and featured a omelet bar. Parking was a fee which was a downside. The walkability of the area around the hotel is above average because of the college, but I chose to eat at a restaurant that required a car to get to. Overall it was a pleasant experience.

Stayed July 2014
Montgomery, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

This is our second stay with the Kingsgate Marriott family! They are wonderful! The hotel accommodations were outstanding! We stayed in June and July as our child had surgery at the World renowned Children's Hospital of Cincinnati. We left a superior hospital and came over (5 minutes away) to a first class hotel with all the comforts of home. Sue and Mathew are the best! Our room was perfect with all the extras. On the second trip we had a little surprise waiting for our child that made his day! The kitchen team is amazing! Holly and Luke know how to do it right! Everything that they prepared was awesome!!! Grilled salmon, grilled chicken, asparagus, brick oven pizza, famous Marriott burger, hummus, and nice wine selection. Our daughter was spoiled by their compassionate and caring staff, which was the icing on the cake! Darren Cox, waited on her and us like royalty. After four surgeries she felt very special! Thank you Darren for the special Desserts ( Pudding Parfait, Cream Brule, and Melon Sorbets!) We love Darren!!! Marriott is lucky to have such a friendly and caring person on their team! We received attention from Michelle and Candace at breakfast each morning and they were wonderful as well! Kudos to Todd behind to scenes for running a first class kitchen!

The rooms were clean and had the comforts of home. Awesome beds and linens ensured a good nights rest for all of us after hospital stay and long travels of 10hrs in car. We had excellent house keeping from Nelly and Lana! They brought in extra towels and kept everything fresh and clean for our child after the hospital stays.

The front desk team; Josh, Will, Chris, Zach, Ben, (Burt who shuttled us to zoo), Denise, Kelsy, Katie, Kaitland, Nicole, and sweet Christiana who helped land us to the best Marriott Hotel in Cincinnati! Everyone was so nice and helpful during our stays! Thank you!

Special thank you to Mathew Dooley for assisting us on the second trip up from Alabama and for making sure we had everything we needed for our stay. Very caring and helpful to us! Made sure we had it all, from a larger room to accommodate our child, to the little extras. John could not have made his bid happen without your assistance! Thank You!!!

Three trips to Cincinnati since March 2014 and 15+ nights at The Kingsgate Marriott, we give the Kingsgate Marriott Family a First Class rating of 5 Star 10 out of 10!!! Thank you for everything!!!

Best Marriott Hotel ever!

Room Tip: We enjoyed the 8th floor for ensured peaceful rest
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

My son and I stayed at this hotel because he had appointments at Cincinnati Children's Hospital. When we first made the reservation, we were told the hospital rate was not available. When we arrived at the hotel, however, the front desk clerk was amazing! She gave us the hospital rate. Everything we experienced at this hotel was wonderful! The room was clean and comfortable. The food was excellent. The entire staff was very helpful throughout our stay. I cannot say enough good things about this hotel! I have stayed at many Marriott hotels throughout the U.S., and I can stay this Marriott is absolutely superb!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

I arrive a day early for my stay in Cincinnati and the hotel was sold out big event was going on that weekend. The front desk receptionist call across the street for me and they had a room available which I thought was very nice of her but on the other hand she put me down for a earlier check in at 2pm when that time came around and something went wrong all the staff was running around like chickens with there heads cut off. More then 20 people was waiting to check in all they offered was some chips and lemonade. How about breakfast or free parking for the inconvenience. I was very late for my event and missed some of my friends who arrived in town for just the day. I know where I will be staying my next visit and it will not be Kingsgate

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
susan g, General Manager at Kingsgate Marriott Conference Center at the University of Cincinnati, responded to this review, July 27, 2014
I want to apologize for the inconvenience that was caused during your stay with us. If you were visiting our wonderful city to experience the Macy's music festival downtown we hosted many customers. Our check in time is 3:00PM and I can confirm that all customers were checked in by 3:00PM. If you have additional information or would like to contact me directly I would be pleased to discuss further. We accommodated every customer with directions to the festival, time for the concert and even had the parking garage gate in the up position allowing quick exit and entry throughout the weekend. The parking garage is not owned or operated by Kingsgate so it was helpful to have our University of Cincinnati partner with us for this wonderful weekend event. Sue
Langhorne, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

This hotel is clean, comfortable, well-equipped, very convenient to the Univ. of Cincinnati area,
and the staff in all departments are courteous and very helpful. The food in the restaurant is excellent and the wait staff are very friendly and helpful. I stayed 2 nights, and if my business requires me to return to this area, I will most definitely look forward to staying here again!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Bob,
I just wanted to say thank you for your kind words. I will certainly share your response with those staff members noted in those departments. At Kingsgate, we strive to provide personalized service. We know that each customer is staying with different needs and we strive to exceed the expectations you have. We look forward to your return and me and my staff enjoyed hosting you.
Sue