“Great Hotel, Excellent Staff”

Kingsgate Marriott Conference Center at the University of Cincinnati
Ranked #20 of 51 Hotels in Cincinnati
Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

Awesome staff All around! Everyone was friendly, helpful and made me feel welcome! Rooms are beautiful, clean and comfy. Restaurant food and service was excellent, Darren out server was very professional , friendly and courteous! Front desk stall on all shifts were eager to assist me, helpful and friendly! Great hotel, great service!!!

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed June 25, 2014

Wow, I'm blown away by the awesome service here. Great staff. Denise loves her ice cream. Darren in the restruant was awesome. Beautiful friendly and attentive. What more could you ask for. Would stay again

1  Thank Barb O
Reviewed June 19, 2014

My adult daughter and I were in Cincinnati for medical treatment for her baby. Cincinnati Children's Hospital has a booking service for patients' families with excellent rates at many local hotels. We flew into CVG and didn't want to rent a car. The Kingsgate Marriott was the closest hotel to the hospital where we had back-to-back appointments for two full days. It is within walking distance of all the hospitals in the University campus area.

I was very favorably impressed with this hotel. We had connecting rooms, which worked out extremely well - especially with two bathrooms. Connecting rooms are one King and the other Double Double. There was a small fridge in each of the rooms. The beds were very comfortable, bathroom amenities were very nice, and I appreciated the lamps with charging outlets and nightlight feature. Each room had a desk chair and an easy chair, my daughter's room had a matching ottoman and my room didn't.

We utilized room service for most of our breakfasts and dinners. Surprisingly, the menu prices were the same in the restaurant or room service. A 20% service charge was added to the bill, so we didn't tip. The desk arrangement and chairs in the rooms made in-room dining very pleasant. I really appreciated that all the meals were delivered by female servers, this is important to me as a woman traveler.

I had forgotten to order a crib for the baby. When I called the front desk a brand new pack 'n play mini crib was delivered to the room promptly - with linens. Throughout our stay we found the staff and service to be exemplary. We used the free hotel mini-van shuttle to get back and forth to/from the hospital, the drivers were very accommodating and polite.

My very minor quibbles would include poor bathroom lighting for makeup application, expensive prices in the lobby mini-mart (but not unexpected), and there is a little noise from ambulances racing to the hospitals on Goodman Drive.

Overall, we had an excellent stay and the very professional staff helped alleviate our stress with my medically fragile granddaughter. We will stay at this hotel on several future trips to Cincinnati for baby's medical treatments.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors are a little more quiet. There is an interesting fountain at the back of the...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Dianne47
Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

Have stayed here a few times, overall a very nice hotel. Nice rooms, good restaurant with an interesting pairing of microbrews or wines and food on "thirsty Thursdays". Conference facilities and food are above average. A concierge lounge would really improve this hotel!

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 14, 2014

I travel a lot for business . I always prefer a Hilton or Marriott . This Marriott is the best do far. Clean, friendly staff ,very helpful. The restaurant is wonderful , the lunch buffet awesome....stayed hete for a business trip, checked out...my flight was cancelled and even though the hotel was busy with a planned event they gave me a room and I stayed another night.

Reviewed June 12, 2014

I had some meetings to attend at this hotel, and did not know much about Cincinnati, but this is in a revitalizing area of the City, in the middle of the University area. And near hospitals. The rooms were very clean and well appointed. Breakfast was delightful, with beautiful fresh fruits yogurt and made to order eggs at reasonable prices. I did not have any other meals there except for banquet style meals with the organization I was with. But the food prepared was nothing like "banquet food" in my opinion. The salads were beautiful and we were served salmon, chicken and beef in different iterations. All were excellent and plentiful. I enjoyed the stay.

Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is very nice, it doesn't look very old, the rooms are fresh and clean, however the walls are so thin we could hear conversations next door. The hotel is close to the university and hospitals and the hotel parking is on site, but they charge $10.00/day. The hotel offers breakfast downstairs but it's not free either. For the price you pay at this hotel it would be nice to have free parking and a continental breakfast.

Stayed: June 2014
susan g, General Manager at Kingsgate Marriott Conference Center at the University of Cincinnati, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2014

Thank you for your response, we value your opinion about our hotel. I appreciate you noticing that we just completed a room renovation and that the cleanliness and freshness of the hotel stood out to you. I apologize that noise levels from teh adjacent room were not blocked to a greater degree. I am not sure if you were in a connecting room or not but if so, this may have contributed. In the future, feel free to call front desk and allow us an opportunity to speak with your neighbor to help keep things comfortable for you. Our parking garage is covered and underground and very safe. We do not own nor operate the garage and therefore we do not control pricing. However, all guests have felt comfortable with the well-lit, clean garage where the elevator takes you directly to lobby level. There is easy access to the hotel from the garage. We do offer package pricing that includes parking and breakfast so in the future, please utilize that package pricing that accommodates a value add for you as our guest. We look forward to serving you in the future and I am hopeful that this information is helpful. Sue Graves