Conference facilities are very nice, especially if you get one of the amphitheatre rooms with raised tiers, desks with electrical outlets, etc. The hotel package for the company meeting I attended included buffet meals for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and, although I was unable to take advantage of them, other attendees raved about the food. Morning and afternoon snacks were also provided, as well as an airport shuttle pick-up for incoming trainees. I have no idea what the cost of the package was, but it was excellent.
I had a room on the eighth floor overlooking the fountain (as recommended by TripAdvisors). Pleasant view, quiet floor. My room was nice, albeit pretty typical Marriott. Furnishing and decor overall seem pretty new... not bad at all. Staff is excellent... friendly, helpful, couldn't ask for more. Room service for dinner was above average, although as pricey as it is at any hotel like this. The downside is there are almost no other places to eat within a block or two. I enjoyed walking around and through the University of Cincinnati campus in the early evenings, and there is a Five Guys, a Currito Burrito, a Panero's, a Toppers Pizza, and a DiBella's Subs on Calhoun Street (maybe 3/4 mile uphill). Lots of hills in this area! The zoo is an easy walk downhill about two blocks south, but it closes at 6:00 PM in the summer. There is also a 24 hour CVS pharmacy at Calhoun and Vine, as well as the roughest Kroger's (or any grocery store) I've ever been to in the same general area.
This Marriott has no concierge lounge or floor, but they comp you breakfast at the restaurant if you are entitled to those perks. They also don't have a pool, although the front desk does have an arrangement with the University athletic center for guests to use their pool and facilities. However, that required more effort than I was willing to go to.
I would gladly stay here again. It was a very pleasant 7 nights. Kudos to the front desk staff in particular for being extra pleasant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover unparalleled service and convenience at the Kingsgate Marriott Conference Center, a hotel near the University of Cincinnati. Located on campus, this Cincinnati hotel showcases modern décor and stylish meeting spaces to create a unique setting for business or leisure. Delight in our inviting lobby fireplace as you make your way to renovated rooms with 37" flat-screen TVs. With celebrated service and flexible space, the Kingsgate Marriott is a premier conference destination in one of the fastest growing tourist regions, and this hotel also conveniently located near several Cincinnati hospitals. As a responsible meeting choice, this hotel presents 26 meeting rooms, complimentary wireless Internet, green meeting space and over 20,000 square feet of Cincinnati, OH hotel gathering space highlighted by two amphitheaters. Take advantage of our complimentary shuttle access and entry to the award-winning recreational facility on campus from this Cincinnati University hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Booking.com, Marriott, Odigeo, Travelocity, Agoda, Orbitz, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Kingsgate Marriott Conference Center at the University of Cincinnati reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Kingsgate Conference Hotel
- Marriott Conference Center Cincinnati
- Marriott Cincinnati
- Cincinnati Marriott
- Kingsgate Marriott Conference Center At The University Of Cincinnati Ohio