“Great location, but expensive.”

Kingsgate Marriott Conference Center at the University of Cincinnati
Ranked #19 of 51 Hotels in Cincinnati
Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

This Marriott is located within walking distance of University Hospital. I liked the hotel overall and I liked my room, but I did not like the price. A parking pass for the garage costs an additional $10 and the expensive price of the room does not even include morning coffee. The two restaurants inside the hotel have decent food and are just as expensive, and there are not many other choices for food nearby. The hotel's location is clean and safe but a short walk down the street will take you to unsafe areas.

• Stayed: March 2013
There are newer reviews for Kingsgate Marriott Conference Center at the University of Cincinnati

Reviewed February 26, 2013

I stayed at this hotel while visiting the nearby Government offices. It is away from the city centre and on a busy intersection BUT it is quiet, easy to find, has plenty of parking and is walking distance from the Uni. We went to several good pubs and restaurants within a short walk. The bar was great for meeting up with colleagues, breakfast was good and staff were friendly and helpful. The room was large, well appointed and clean. I would stay again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed here for a college visit while my daughter stayed on campus. Everyone was very accommodating. We had meetings on campus and it was nice to have a ride there and just a call away for a pick up. I didn't have to drive around looking for a parking space or pay for a garage. Everyone was friendly and helpful. The room was clean.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 29, 2013

We had a group in for an overnight stay and a board meeting and were very pleased at the hospitality and service we received. The facilities were perfect for what we needed. The board meeting, sleeping rooms and parlor were well appointed and clean.
The staff were warm, friendly and knowledgeable, and a made our stay that much more enjoyable.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I stayed here for a 3 day conference held on site. The staff in all areas of the hotel (front desk, restaurants, nighttime security) were always professional and courteous. Food in the hotel was adequate but not fancy. Rooms are showing their age (i.e. circular toilet seats, aging furnishings) but certainly clean.

The location is dependent on your needs. If needing to be around UC, it's obviously perfect. But less convenient for downtown and other area access since parking is $10/day.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I was delighted to see in the room a basket for recycling. It was about two feet tall, 12 inches in diameter, divided down the center. This is a step in the right direction. I can't remember the last time I saw a recycle basket in a hotel room in the U.S. However, I would have been more excited had there been a card on the desk prominently mentioning the basket and giving instructions on what to recycle (cans only? newspapers? a combination?).

The room itself, needed some attention. The bathroom, for example, had messy looking caulking. The bathroom mirror had not been thoroughly cleaned, and the floor did not appear to have been well wiped.

The bed, however, was clean, fresh and comfortable. The staff at the desk were professional and helpful. When room service did not deliver my breakfast on time, I was not charged, though it was just minutes late and I did not complain.

The restaurant was not open so I ate in the Bearcat Lounge. I ordered the spinach salad and a salmon burger. The food and the service were fine.

The fitness center served my needs. It was clean, stocked with towels and sanitized earbuds.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank VirginiaPeregrinator
Reviewed November 21, 2012

I'm pretty picky when it comes to hotels and was very happy with the Kingsgate Marriott. Decor is modern and up to date. The bed was very comfortable and the rooms and bathrooms VERY clean. The staff was knowledgable about the local area and helpful. I only had lunch at the restaurant but it was pretty good. The gym is also pretty well equipped. My only complaints were 1) the wall seemed thin as I had very loud people in the room next to me for 3 nights and I needed earplugs to sleep and 2) they did not tell me that parking would be $10 a day added to my hotel bill. I was doing business at University Hospital and happy that the hotel was within walking distance. I'd definitely stay again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business