“Great Staff, Modern Updates, Great for Business Meetings”

Kingsgate Marriott Conference Center at the University of Cincinnati
Ranked #19 of 51 Hotels in Cincinnati
Reviewed January 29, 2013

We had a group in for an overnight stay and a board meeting and were very pleased at the hospitality and service we received. The facilities were perfect for what we needed. The board meeting, sleeping rooms and parlor were well appointed and clean.
The staff were warm, friendly and knowledgeable, and a made our stay that much more enjoyable.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Kingsgate Marriott Conference Center at the University of Cincinnati

Reviewed January 20, 2013

I stayed here for a 3 day conference held on site. The staff in all areas of the hotel (front desk, restaurants, nighttime security) were always professional and courteous. Food in the hotel was adequate but not fancy. Rooms are showing their age (i.e. circular toilet seats, aging furnishings) but certainly clean.

The location is dependent on your needs. If needing to be around UC, it's obviously perfect. But less convenient for downtown and other area access since parking is $10/day.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I was delighted to see in the room a basket for recycling. It was about two feet tall, 12 inches in diameter, divided down the center. This is a step in the right direction. I can't remember the last time I saw a recycle basket in a hotel room in the U.S. However, I would have been more excited had there been a card on the desk prominently mentioning the basket and giving instructions on what to recycle (cans only? newspapers? a combination?).

The room itself, needed some attention. The bathroom, for example, had messy looking caulking. The bathroom mirror had not been thoroughly cleaned, and the floor did not appear to have been well wiped.

The bed, however, was clean, fresh and comfortable. The staff at the desk were professional and helpful. When room service did not deliver my breakfast on time, I was not charged, though it was just minutes late and I did not complain.

The restaurant was not open so I ate in the Bearcat Lounge. I ordered the spinach salad and a salmon burger. The food and the service were fine.

The fitness center served my needs. It was clean, stocked with towels and sanitized earbuds.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank VirginiaPeregrinator
Reviewed November 21, 2012

I'm pretty picky when it comes to hotels and was very happy with the Kingsgate Marriott. Decor is modern and up to date. The bed was very comfortable and the rooms and bathrooms VERY clean. The staff was knowledgable about the local area and helpful. I only had lunch at the restaurant but it was pretty good. The gym is also pretty well equipped. My only complaints were 1) the wall seemed thin as I had very loud people in the room next to me for 3 nights and I needed earplugs to sleep and 2) they did not tell me that parking would be $10 a day added to my hotel bill. I was doing business at University Hospital and happy that the hotel was within walking distance. I'd definitely stay again.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

Let me preface this review with the fact that I didn't stay in a room. I can only comment on everything else. First off, even though it isn't right off the interstate, it was still very easy to find and to get out of too, even at rush hour. If you do the self parking, then you can take an elevator from the garage straight to the hotel lobby. We used the conference room and it was great. The service was top notch and the snacks and lunch delivered throughout the day were fabulous. Most of the workers seemed to speak only if spoken to, but were friendly (I'm OK with a quiet hospitality, as long as it's genuine). One of my friends had me worried about my surroundings, but I always felt safe from the time I set foot on the property.

1  Thank Jessie S
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I was in Cincinnati for business and the Kingsgate was an excellent choice in hotels. Staff were excellent! It has a small conference center and nice overall space. It was well managed. It is located at the University of Cincinnati and easy distance to good restaurants.

Room Tip: All appeared to be great and recently renovated.
Reviewed October 18, 2012

definitely recommend. stayed with my wife. We wanted to be nearby the hospital area. very convenient.
Nice rooms, overall great experience.
outside bar service was wonderful. sat and had few drinks after 5 hrs of driving.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business