My family and I arrived here after an unexpectedly heavy snowstorm turned a 4 hour drive into 7. I thought we were off to a really bad start when the desk clerk asked me if we would be willing to switch to a different hotel nearby, since this one was overbooked. He offered that Marriott would pay for our night at the other hotel. It was already late, and we had to be up early the next morning, so I told him that didn’t sound at all interesting. He made it clear that the originally-booked accommodations were available and ready if we didn’t want to switch...the request was wholly voluntary. We stayed.
I noticed that more than one college basketball team seemed to be staying there, and inquired about that. Understanding my concern, the desk clerk explained that the teams had to sign a “noise waiver:” after 1 complaint they would be ejected. I felt better.
We had requested extra towels – they were there. Room was pleasant and comfortable.
We ordered room service breakfast: it came exactly on time, the price was quite reasonable, and the service pleasant. One suggestion here: there are 2 different room service menus: one that you hang on the door, which is only for breakfast, and the other which includes everything they offer. You can order breakfast from either menu, but there are breakfast items on the full menu which don’t appear on the “hanger menu”and some of the prices are lower on the full menu. Breakfast in the restaurant the second morning of our stay was pleasant, and the staff was cheery.
The garage was conveniently located under the hotel, easy in and out, and only $10 a night, as opposed to a lot of similar hotels which charge $20.
Wi-fi connections were extremely fast and easy.
One thing to keep in mind: depending on what part of the university you're headed to and what you're accustomed to, this is probably not walking distance unless it’s a nice day and you want to take a long stroll. If the weather’s bad, as in rain, snow or cold, you should probably plan to drive and look for parking in the one of the university garages.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover unparalleled service and convenience at the Kingsgate Marriott Conference Center, a hotel near the University of Cincinnati. Located on campus, this Cincinnati hotel showcases modern décor and stylish meeting spaces to create a unique setting for business or leisure. Delight in our inviting lobby fireplace as you make your way to renovated rooms with 37" flat-screen TVs. With celebrated service and flexible space, the Kingsgate Marriott is a premier conference destination in one of the fastest growing tourist regions, and this hotel also conveniently located near several Cincinnati hospitals. As a responsible meeting choice, this hotel presents 26 meeting rooms, complimentary wireless Internet, green meeting space and over 20,000 square feet of Cincinnati, OH hotel gathering space highlighted by two amphitheaters. Take advantage of our complimentary shuttle access and entry to the award-winning recreational facility on campus from this Cincinnati University hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Marriott, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kingsgate Marriott Conference Center at the University of Cincinnati reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Kingsgate Conference Hotel
- Marriott Conference Center Cincinnati
- Marriott Cincinnati
- Cincinnati Marriott
- Kingsgate Marriott Conference Center At The University Of Cincinnati Ohio