“missed expectations”

Super 8 Cincinnati OH
Ranked #37 of 49 Hotels in Cincinnati

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Monroe, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

We stayed here one night for a Boy Scout memorabilia swap meet in the area on November 8, 2013. Reading the many poor reviews made me think twice about event stopping here. It is hard to believe that I stayed at the same place as these other reviewers before me. We stayed in room 103 near the office on the ground floor. I thought the place was very well maintained. The outside grounds were very clean and the exterior of the building was very nice. The neighborhood was very decent. There is a Outback Steakhouse within easy walking distance and you are right off I-275. We have been to all 50 states over the past 40 years and stayed at many Super 8 motels around the nation. This one is attractive and clean. The breakfast was a typical one with Danish, cereal, coffee, juice, etc. I am not sure what the complaints are about as far as cleanliness, safety, food, etc. We had no issues at all and we paid $43 plus tax after our AARP discount. For $50 for two people I thought it was a great value and the place was as nice as any Super 8's I have ever stayed in which number in the dozens over the years. The only negative was it was kind of hard to find but they have one of the very tall freeway signs that will help. I put their address in my GPS and strangely it took me to a Howard Johnson's across on the other side of the highway. You want to turn on to the side of the highway that has the Outback Steakhouse and not on the side that has the BP gas station and follow it back to the Super 8. The lobby was very clean and the clerk was very polite and helpful. Also the Wi-Fi worked fine. I did not think it was slow at all. It was actually faster that the one at my home. With that said I would stay here again anytime. Again, I do not know how my experience could be so different from so many others. My wife and I are in our 60's and we never felt in the slightest unsafe.

Room Tip: I stayed in 103. The mattress was a little soft but no back aches when I got up.