“Days Inn, Cincinnati East”

Days Inn Cincinnati East
Ranked #43 of 52 Hotels in Cincinnati
Stuart, Florida
“Days Inn, Cincinnati East”
Reviewed September 26, 2011

This place should be bull dozed - it is very long in the tooth, dirty and not a very nice place to stay at all.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dabigler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Bloomington, Indiana
Reviewed August 21, 2011

I work in an outdated hotel that is under renovation so I am not too picky when it comes to where I stay because I understand that you can't expect the hilton for the price you pay...But this hotel is in dire need of updates and electrical work. My family and I stayed here one night after a long day at King's Island. We reserved 3 rooms on the same reservation and were scattered all over the hotel which is not a big deal. But the condition of the rooms was very poor. There was no coffee maker in one the other two had a horrible smell to them. When I went to plug in my phone charger to one of the outlets it started sparking and scared me really bad so I unplugged the lamp that was also plugged in there in fear it might catch fire. The bed lamps didn't even work and the blow dryer that was suppose to be hung on the wall was laying on the counter. There were places in the wall were holes had been patched but not very well and the plaster was falling off. We had double bed rooms and on one bed in every room it was missing the blanket that is suppose to go in between the sheet and the comforter. And the bar that is attached to the hotel is soo ridiculously loud that my nieces and nephews were crying scared to death that something bad was going to happen to them. My advice is that if you don't wanna be kept up til 4 in the morning by the bar and have little children do not stay here!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Chelsen
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed August 2, 2011

We stayed here for convenience to places we were going and honestly, it had everything they stated. The desk clerks, all 3 that I dealt with, were wonderful, well mannered and quick to please. I would stay again!

1 Thank rudeladyme
Louisville, Kentucky, USA
Reviewed July 25, 2011

When we first went into the room it smelled of smoke and mildew. The bathroom was disgusting, it had mold and mildew all over the shower, with a bug light for lighting. The floor was horrible after someone took a shower, it was so slippery and the tile was cracked so when I slipped my toes went into the crack. They gave us one towel for three people for two days. The phone was broken and the window was caving into the room. The lights throughout the room didn't work and the floor was gross. It turned my feet black within mintues. We requested to be moved into a different room and the front desk told us we wouldn't like the other two rooms they had available. We went up and noticed a crack all the way across the window and barely touched it and it feel into the room. Both rooms were horrible and unclean. The bed had one sheet and a horrible thin comforator. The manager told us it wasn't required to have handles in the shower or more then one sheet on the beds. The pools closed at 9 and the staff waited and watched us get out of the pool and just stared at us. The staff was unfriendly and unhelpful even after two of the three people got hurt and they didn't even care. The breakfast was nasty...the cereal (two choices) was stale, the milk was warm, the fruit was old, and there was one table. There was no hot food or edible food. This place should be CLOSED!! It is a health problem waiting to happen. Its unsafe and not worth the money you save, we changed hotels after we noticed all this and moved to the Holiday Inn right down the street which was wonderful!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!! There aren't any rooms that are good!
1 Thank mljd0306
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed July 25, 2011

This place needs to be shut down BADLY!!!! Do not waste your money here. The rooms all have outdoor entry with a window next to the door. The window for our room could be pushed in, so we went to the front desk and they gave us a key to another room...that one, as soon as I touched the bottom part of that window the whole thing FELL in. NOT SAFE!!!!!!!!!! On top of that, the bathroom floors become VERY slick after someone takes a shower and it is almost impossible NOT to trip and fall- as well as having no bath mat or floor grips of any sort in the tub so if you actually make any movement within the shower (as I'm pretty sure any human does... you cannot shower without moving a muscle!!) you WILL slip and fall. I did and I jammed my thumb and have a massive bruise on my backside now too. When I told the front desk this so that I could get a pack of ice they couldn't have cared less. The pool was also disgusting and had tons of dead bugs floating around in it. Oh...and the free breakfast?? What a joke!!! The cereal was stale, the milk was warm, and the selection was almost non-existent. Worst hotel I have ever stayed at!!!!! STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here
2 Thank Chrissy0718
Ada, MI
Reviewed July 20, 2011

My son and I were there for a baseball tournament and I had booked the hotel online before I saw reviews. Sheila gave us a room key and we went up some dingy steps to 3rd floor. Unsavory characters were lounging around the lobby and parking lot hollering at us. We got to the room and the overwhelming scent of smoke for the "Non Smoking" room assaulted us. The beds were not made, there were wet towels on the floor and hair in the sink. I told Sheila housekeeping hadn't been there and she gave me another room. The second room had an overwhelming smell of smoke and urine. I perceived this room as a health hazard, with peeling wallpaper, dirty sinks, and the urine soaked carpet. At this point she told me she had no other rooms and would refund to travelocity. We ended up staying at the Hampton, which was great, but very expensive at the last minute. I called Travelocity to verify the refund and they called and Sheila lied, saying that she told me to call for the refund. I actually had the note in writing that she would refund, which I had obtained before I left. Then when Travelocity asked her to conference call with me she said she had already refunded it then hung up on him. I called Days Inn and they are submitting a formal complaint to the hotel but I would not be surprised if they lose their franchise. It was the worst travelling experience I have ever had.

Room Tip: Don't take any room there under any circumstances
1 Thank aimlesscat
North Ridgeville, Ohio
Reviewed July 14, 2011

We had to find something quick for after the NASCAR Race in Kentucky, and all the hotels in northern KY and southwest Cincinnati were booked, and expensive. The only good thing about this place was that is was cheap and near a Smokey Bones. The mattress and the box springs were covered in a zip around plastic cover. I didn't want to know why they did this (bed bugs????, or something else). That might have been okay, but they did not have a mattress pad over the plastic cover meaning between you and the plastic was a sheet. Not so good!!! There is a bar restaurant attached and when it let out at 2;00am, it was super noisy.

1 Thank Dodaday2
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cincinnati
Red Roof Inn Cincinnati East - Beechmont
Comfort Inn & Suites Eastgate
#31 of 52 in Cincinnati
Ameristay Inn and Suites Batavia
Red Roof Inn & Suites Cincinnati North-Mason

Been to Days Inn Cincinnati East? Share your experiences!