“Giant burgers - Great ambiance”
Review of Terry's Turf Club

Terry's Turf Club
Ranked #15 of 1,991 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch
Description: We are a fun friendly restaurant operated by family and staff that have become friends. Our goal is be the best in food, service & atmosphere. Though we are known for our burgers (featured on Diners,Drive-ins & Dives), we are also known by our customers for our other food items and variety of beer/beverages. We look forward to serving you, your family and friends.
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I was taking a trip to Cincy with my mom and we wanted to find a unique place to dine. We saw that Terry's was on Diners Drive-Ins and Dives on Food Network and it looked interesting. We got there early around 5pm and there was no one else there. We heard that if you get there after 6, you will be waiting a long time. We were promptly seated and we got our drinks quickly. We both ordered burgers with cheese and other toppings. With our fries, we chose two different sauces. I got the goat cheese red pepper sauce and my mom got the cheese sauce. We were a little surprised by the small amount we were given. Each sauce costs a few dollars extra and they came in those little plastic cups that restaurants give to take a sauce home. The cheese sauce was excellent, very creamy and flavorful. It came warm. The goat cheese red pepper sauce was interesting and flavorful. It was cold which was not as desirable as the cheese sauce. The burgers were huge and juicy. They don't skimp on the portions (besides the sauces). For 2 burgers, 2 fries, 2 sodas and 2 sauces our bill came to $37. We thought it was a little pricey but we enjoyed the meal and we were glad that we tried something different. The inside and outside are uniquely decorated with vintage neon signs for a cool ambiance. If you want to get a great burger and have a cool experience, I would recommend Terry's.

There are newer reviews for Terry's Turf Club

Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

We came to Cincinnati on holiday from Devon and were advised to visit this fantastic atmospheric diner. The staff were attentive, polite and especially lovely to the children in our party. We can all say it was the best burger we have ever eaten- I cannot recommend it highly enough. Thank you for a great meal!

1  Thank Lucyandash
Reviewed July 8, 2013

best burger place I have ever eaten , this restaurant is in the middle of nowhere , there are so many signs to look at inside and outside , guy fieri was there july 2010 , you can watch him on utube

Reviewed June 21, 2013

The giant period signs outside are what attracted us to try this tiny and incredibly cramped and noisy restaurant - and we made the mistake of trying to eat around 12.30pm. After waiting for just ten minutes, we were seated but because there was just two of us, we ended up having to share a high table with barstools intended for 6 people. If this arrangement were in a friendly city, (Chicago, Louisville or even Detroit come to mind) that'd be one thing - but it IS Cincinnati - and even worse - the constipated East side. The three male 30-something diners who were already seated at our table didn't as much as look up from their food or conversation to say "Hello." This cold-shouldered, rude "welcome" made me want to get up and leave right there. Unfortunately, that's all too common on the East side of Cincinnati. Anyway, inside you'll find a dizzying array of really cool neon signs and a small but solid lunch menu. They're known for their burgers which are nearly 3 inches thick and cooked to perfection on an old fashioned grill which is visible from most tables. They come served on paper plates and there are buckets of peanuts on the tables and way too many shells all over the floor. I ordered a pricey Italian style soda with syrup... when I asked for a "to-go" cup to take half of it with me, I was told they don't have any paper or plastic cups, which I found odd, given they serve their food on paper plates and take carry-out orders. i would never go back unless it were during a time when few other diners were there and I didn't have to shout over the din of all the diners - not to mention being forced to share a table with some snooty, ignorant diners.

1  Thank stevereviews
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Just know if you have a party of more than 2, you are probably gonna wait outside for quite some time. It is a very popular place that has very limited seating. We sat a table for two that was pushed against another table for two that had 3 people sitting at it. So recap, table for 4 had 2 seperate parties of 3 and 2 respectively. The food is top notch for Burgers and Chili. Prices are appropriate. Love going there.