“Burgers and Chili make up for cramped limited seating” 4 of 5 bubbles

Terry's Turf Club
Ranked #21 of 1,944 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Crawfordsville, Indiana, United States
“Burgers and Chili make up for cramped limited seating”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

Just know if you have a party of more than 2, you are probably gonna wait outside for quite some time. It is a very popular place that has very limited seating. We sat a table for two that was pushed against another table for two that had 3 people sitting at it. So recap, table for 4 had 2 seperate parties of 3 and 2 respectively. The food is top notch for Burgers and Chili. Prices are appropriate. Love going there.

Visited June 2013

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Terry's will give your wallet a clubbing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

My brother and I tried this place a few months ago and man were we disappointed, especially after hearing how great the place was. Yeah, the ambiance is cool and different but not worth the price of the meal or the wait. The burgers are way too greasy and just overall pretty average. The downer after eating a sub par meal was the price tag, OUCH! For two burgers, two cans of coke and small plate of fries to share the bill was close to $35!!! Also, the place is way too small, having to eat a dripping burger next to a complete stranger is not the way I enjoy to eat. I'd rather be at 5 Guys or Gordo's and for a half of the price!

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank CGM-Cincy
Chicago
“Ya Gotta Go!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

This is our 2nd time to Terry's Turf Club. The first was right in the midst of the lunch rush 2 years ago, and we shared a table with two judges and a lawyer. This time was later in the afternoon, at around 2:30 on a Thursday, an ideal time to go. It doesn't seem to matter much, though. Not only were our burgers just as good whether the place was bursting at the seams or not, but the service was just as great whether busy or not. My burger was awesome - I had it with gouda and mango curry sauce, and shared a chili with Hubby. He had a filet with a crab cake. Our little one (11) is more a purist, and had just a burger with American cheese. The meat itself was cooked well and flavorful, and I love that mango curry sauce. We were just driving through and making a quick stop in Cincinnati (my former hometown) on the way home to Chicago, and while there is plenty of good food in Cincy, this is the only place we knew we HAD to stop to eat. By the time we were done, we'd been laughing with Kim about the VW-sized fern Terry was wrestling with out front, were discussing the local issues of the fire department with Terry himself, and felt like old friends. And we don't even live in the state. Imagine how warm a welcome it must be for the regulars. The place is kitchy and cute, decorated with every neon sign I think I've ever seen in my life, plus a bunch that I haven't. The burgers are first rate, and so is the conversation. Really can't ask for better than that. We've eaten at plenty of restaurants in Cincinnati over the years, and there are a few we would make a point to return to, but this was the one and only place that we had to visit with only an afternoon in town.

• Visited May 2013
Decatur, AL
“Funky and friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

I'm a Triple D junkie, so I love to try out restaurants featured on the show. I was there by myself, and the staff was super friendly to me. I sat at the bar next to what must have been one of their usual patrons. They called her by name as soon as she walked in. They also asked for my name when they took my order, and they called me by name for the rest of the evening. They made sure I felt welcome- I'm sure they were even nicer than usual since I was alone. The burger was big, and quite tasty. I wouldn't classify it as the best burger I've ever eaten, but it was certainly better than most. Nothing fancy at Terry's, and I'd say I got what I paid for. And the place is just too funky not to try at least once- the decorations outdoors are eye-catching, to say the least. It's a great place, and I'd love to go back!!

• Visited April 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Getting Saucey”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

We went to Cincinnati for a Cubs/Reds game. The way the Cubs played, Terry's turned out to be the highlight of the trip. Read about Terry's online and decided to hit it up once we got there. Showed up around 11:00 and we were the first ones there. Place looked interesting from the outside. Once we got in the they had lights and signs all over the place. It's pretty small inside too so I would think the earlier you can get there the better. I knew I was getting the burger before I arrived but I didn't realize there would be such a large selection of cheeses and sauces to add to the burger. I went with the caramelized onion infused cheddar cheese and the rosemary curry sauce. Burger was great. Big, tasty and juicy. It was nice to also get the burgers cooked the way we wanted them, that doesn't happen too often. Beer was really cold too. I would definitely recommend trying. If I'm ever back in the area I will definitely be back.

• Visited May 2013