“A mixed experience”

Ranked #15 of 1,991 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night
Description: We are a fun friendly restaurant operated by family and staff that have become friends. Our goal is be the best in food, service & atmosphere. Though we are known for our burgers (featured on Diners,Drive-ins & Dives), we are also known by our customers for our other food items and variety of beer/beverages. We look forward to serving you, your family and friends.
Reviewed February 19, 2013

It's a small dive that serves gourmet hamburgers. The food is good. Maybe a bit over priced. Sharing a table for four with complete strangers while paying $15 for a hamburger, fries and coke doesn't make it worth a return visit.

There are newer reviews for Terry's Turf Club

Reviewed February 17, 2013

I was the 2nd person in the door and no one was behind me. The host seated me in a tall table and I requested a booth because it is more comfortable, plus I wouldn't be right in front of the door. He clearly wasn't happy with the request because he said, "If we get kids in here then I may have to move you because the booths are for families. " I replied, "Well I will have to eat fast."
I ordered a burger and didn't recall anywhere on the menu stating I would get a raw burger. The outside was brown but 1/4 way in was raw! Gross! I wasn't asked if I wanted raw hamburger so didn't think I would receive raw hamburger. I wasn't asked if I liked my food either. I don't know why people think this place is so great. The old man host was rude as could be and the food is below average.

2  Thank craftsnvines
Reviewed February 9, 2013

This place is always crowded. It was featured on "Diners and Dives" and it lives up to its name. Most of the food is a wonderful heart attack on a plate. Good selection of draft beer.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

While passing through Cincinnati, my friends and I decided we needed a good greasy burger and fries. We first thought of finding a Five Guys, which is my usual go to when I want a burger. However a quick search for best burger joint in Cincinnati turned up Terry's Turf Club.
We arrived around 3 on a Sunday afternoon, so needless to say, the place was not very busy. The decor of the place is awesome and you know you are in for a really neat experience as soon as you arrive. The first thing that struck me was the fact that there are no traditional lights in the place. It is entirely illuminated by old neon signs that are everywere. The place is small, so I could see it being very crowded usually, the waiting benches outside also speak to this.

We all orderd the regular burgers with fries. The burgers were huge, but I managed to finish it and my fries off. The food was good, but when you mix it with the ambiance, you have a great experience. The servers were fast and friendly. I will definatley be back.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

We had seen this on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives and wanted to try their highly praised hamburgers. We had the burgundy mushroom sauce. The burger was good and very large. However, it was not as good as those from Only Burger in Durham, NC. At $8.50 for the burger and another $2.50 for the sauce, it was an expensive comparison.
The decor in what was once a neighborhood bar is funky and fun. Expect a crowd and a wait for a table.