“A nice side trip when enjoying Cincinnati events.”

Spring Grove Cemetery & Arboretum
Ranked #3 of 189 things to do in Cincinnati
Reviewed July 29, 2014

When I mentioned a quick side trip to the Cemetery...my comments were met with horror! However, after explaining that it's "OKAY" to enjoy time in the cemetery and it's not considered disrespectful in any way, they were convinced that the sculptured markers and amazing variety of trees to view might be interesting.
It was a pleasant drive with no traffic during the mid afternoon on Sunday.
There is no fee, so there isn't any risk.
Our guests were amazed.

1  Thank bethmcclary
There are newer reviews for Spring Grove Cemetery & Arboretum

Reviewed July 29, 2014

It's worth taking 30 minutes and driving around this 'cemetery' where 250,000+ people have been laid to rest. It is an amazing grounds, great place for stroll, a run, or a family photo... seriously, it has the feel of a botanical garden, not of a cemetery....

Reviewed July 24, 2014

Beautiful area for a drive. Not sure why it is rated the #1 thing to do in Cincinnati, but it was a fairly quick stop on our way out of town.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

i went during the winter the middle of december. the water was frozen. and the photos turned out very nicely. my first time going to cemetery i was kinda creeped out but my friends were worst. lol. they didn't want to get out the car cause its a cemetery and secondly its very cold so we stayed in the car and drive around. we only hop out for pictures and try not to get lost. I wish i could visit during summer. im sure it would be very nice. anyways when we were about to leave. i had to pee at the visitor center. the bathroom was scarier than the cemetery lol. its all dark and dimy. when i flush it made some weird noise i was so creeped out. it scared the heck out of me. im surprised no one mention it on the review. maybe it was just me?

1  Thank kim l
Reviewed July 15, 2014

This is one of the best cemeteries in the mainland US. I've toured cemeteries in dozens of cities, and Spring Grove is one of the best there is. You can find so much beauty here. My visit was in the winter, so I can only imagine how lush and vibrant the grounds are in the spring or summer time. There is such impressive statuary at every turn. So much to see here whether you are interested in solitude, nature or nice walks- this is a wonderful place to enjoy and pay your respects. Definitely add this to your list. Enjoy my pictures and if you're in the area, see it in person for maximum impact.

2  Thank AMY B