“Perfect experience - nothing but great things to stay.”

The Westin Cincinnati
Ranked #16 of 51 Hotels in Cincinnati
Reviewed June 1, 2010

My wife and I have stayed at many Westins - Maui multiple times (resort and villas), Boston, San Francisco, etc. and Cincinnati now for a second time.

Being a holiday weekend (Memorial Day) and special event in the city (Taste of Cincinnati) - we were unsure if quality would be subpar or should expect parking issues. It was quickly clear that neither were going to be an issue - our special room requests were accommodated above expectations, parking was great (and at a weekend rate of only $3 per day despite the event and therefore the cheapest in the area).

Rooms are spacious, clean, and modern. While we never saw room service in person, it was clear they came and went each day given it our room was spotless upon arrival as well as straightened up to great condition, complimentary bottles of water, and fresh tools upon our return each evening. The in room mini fridge kept our snacks perfectly cold. While we didn't end up having time to make use of the pool, I strolled up one day to the top floor to see if the pool matched the pictures on the Starwood website and it was pretty close (nothing a re-application of teak oil couldn't address).

I ordered roses from Oberer's Flowers in advance and were already in our room upon check-in so the surprise worked out as intended.

And of course, the standard White Tea bathroom products and lobby aroma were present.

It was a holiday weekend, so cannot comment if there are any differences during a standard business week - tough I would have to suspect not too much. While Westins clearly vary from another depending on market (resort/spa locations versus downtown hotels), a Westin itself tends to be consistent.

I wouldn't hesitate to go back next time in the area.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tjwillia007
There are newer reviews for The Westin Cincinnati

Reviewed May 23, 2010

My family and I stayed at the Westin downtown Cincinnati for 1 night in May 2010 for a wedding. Since the room was reserved for the wedding we got a great price, $89/night. The hotel is located downtown near all the attractions. There are plenty of restaurants, stores, etc. within walking distance. The various sports facilities are just a few blocks away.

We arrived mid afternoon to find a back log of cars waiting to pull in, let guests and luggage off, and get valet parking. We sat in traffic for a few minutes as it appeared the valet staff was short on personnel. We finally got our turn and pulled in and were greeted quickly. Our bags were carried off and we were given a claim ticket.

We made our way upstairs to the second floor via the escalator, only to find another line to wait in at the check-in desk. The front desk check-in appeared to be under staffed also and had a line waiting to check in. They did have free cookies and punch which our kids gladly accepted. When we did make it to the front desk they did give us an over-sized work-out room which gave more room for the kids.

We made our way to the room to find a very large room which was great for the kids. The room came complete with a tread mill and yoga kit. We did not have any time to use these items but would have if staying more days.

We waited around 20 minutes and no luggage. I called once and they said it was on the way. I waited about another 10 minutes only to call again to be told it was on the cart being dropped off. Needless to say it took about a half hour or more to get our luggage. The bell hop said no one had written our room number on the luggage so he did not know where to take it.

We quickly got dressed and headed to the wedding/reception. It was only later we found the room had a pull out sofa, but no extra plankets and sheets. We had to call the front desk for them. I would have thought these would have already been in the room.

The elevators seemed really slow. I don't know if this was typical or because they were busy as it seemed like there were a lot of weddings in town.

The room was also missing an empty fridge. It did have the honor bar/fridge, but we would have liked another to put items in. Seemed like this was lacking.

The next morning we had to leave early so we called for our car and carried our luggage down. We did not want to wait for someone to come up and help with the luggage. We checked out and got to the garage about 20 minutes later. There was no car to be seen. We waited another 10 minutes and finally some worker came up and asked if someone was getting our car. I stated we called for it over a half hour ago. He apologized and went and retrieved the car. I don't know what happened to my call for the car.

Over all we were disappointed in the Westin. The staff seemed overwhelmed and very busy. The wait for various areas seemed excessive. As Hilton members we only stayed at the Westin for the wedding. We would probably not go back as there is a Hilton just a few blocks away. The room was nice, but there were too many other negatives.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank TravelingFAMPeoria
Reviewed May 21, 2010

Great hotel and service. If I can’t get into the Westin when traveling to Cincinnati, I will change my dates to a time when they have a room - will not stay anywhere else anymore. I have stayed at this hotel over 100 nights in the last 2 years and have not once had a bad experience. Even if there is a little glitch here and there (things happen) they attend to it promptly. The people working at the Westin seem to love their job and make you feel like you are special....

1  Thank RSPLT
Reviewed May 17, 2010

I recently had a one night stay at the Westin Cincinnati for the Pigs Fly Marathon. I chose Westin for their Heavenly Bed, a bed I like so much I purchased one for my home in 2006. The hotel is immaculate, trendy, peaceful and respectful. The service was on par with the best. And here is the key...I had just 5 hours to sleep before the marathon and felt like I had slept my normal 8! Want a bonus? Try the restaurant in the atrium called Ingredients. I was just going to pick up a snack for the way home to Indy but changed my mind when I witnessed the making of a very appetizing cuban sandwich....I ordered a turkey pininni...DELICIOUS!!!!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank anstzya
Reviewed May 14, 2010

I stayed at the Westin Cincinnati because of a conference. The room was clean and quiet. The bed was magnificent. Every staff member I encountered from check in to check out was pleasant and helpful.

1  Thank madis0nwi
Reviewed May 5, 2010

I've stayed at other Downtown Cincy hotels and this one is the best. Not necessarily the best when stacked up against other Westin properties, but you can't beat the Heavenly Bed and Heavenly Shower. Room service is expensive and the offerings are not that great in my opinion. The downside is that you have to pay for Wi-Fi. The Ingredients deli/restaurant downstairs is a big plus for getting a healthy or quick breakfast before your meeting.

1  Thank msjeannettea
Reviewed April 24, 2010

The Westin was within walking distance of our business destination. Further, unlike our business destination, the Westin has excellent food service in the lobby -- the "Ingredients" cafe.

The room was clean, quiet, well appointed and the complimentary StarBucks coffee and tea in our hotel room was perfect. We got a great night's rest because the bed was comfortable and had just the right number and type of pillows. The bar soap in the room is excellent as well as the other bathroom supplies..

The parking fee was $15.00 which was a real bargain -- but they need to clean the elevator

Location, location, location -- in Cincinnatti the Westin's got it. Downtown in the middle of everything and near everything. We've already recommended the Westin in Cincinnatti.

Best of all, we got a really good night's sleep!!!!! Thank you.