1,244 results
All reviewsheavenly bedfountain squarefountain viewacross the streetpool and hot tubbusiness hoteltop floorwithin walking distancefirst floorself parkinglocation is greatheart of downtownfree internetfront desk staffper daygreat american ballparkpaul brown stadium
Reviewed February 25, 2010

I stayed at the Westin for one week for a conference. This was my very first business trip and I found the room I stayed in was quite large, very clean, updated and well-maintained. It served as a oasis from crazy classes and long meetings. The coffee maker in the room was a plus, as well as the proper duvet cover and great fluffy pillows. I had a king room with a fountain square view and I felt quite spoiled. The frig in the room was a great plus, especially when storing left-overs from restaurant trips.
If you want to get away, there is a Macy's across the street. I should have done more exploring but Cincinnati seems like a city with very little night life and it seems to close up early in the evening--there aren't a lot of people out and way too may smelly guys hanging out with paper bags in their hands. I did go to the Underground Railroad Museum which was very interesting and informative.
The elevator situation gets pretty crazy in the morning, but all in all, a very pleasant hotel and very nice "first-time" conference/business trip experience.
It was also a plus that the organization I work for provided us with comp wi-fi.
The front desk staff were very friendly and accomodating but the check-in line was quite long. This is not the front desk staff's fault--management needs to schedule accordingly, esp. when large groups are checking in.
There was some trouble on my last night--my room was not cleaned, but I called down and someone came up to clean while I was out of the room.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank purpleknif67
Reviewed February 22, 2010

I went to the westin the sat. of Valentines day. The check in was nice they gave us a red rose upon checking in and the front desk help was good. We checked in around 3pm a long with many other couples checking in. Check in was easy and fast in the less than a 4-star lobby. Then we tried to proceed to our room when we had to wait a good 15 minutes for the elevator. When we got to our room the room looked as if the cleaning person had stopped in the middle and left. The vacuum was there as was the entire room in the middle of being cleaned but no cleaning person. So we went back the front desk where they gave us just a simple apology and they gave us a different room. Another 15 min wait for the elevator! Then when in our room it was very nice with a fantastic fountain square view. Later that night we ordered room service and an hour and 15 min later we called to check on it and they informed us they forgot to give it to the kitchen. The hotel did comp the meal and offered to add anything we wanted. We are very laid back and took it all in stride and had a nice experience. I will stay there again I just wish the elevator options were better.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 18, 2010

This hotel is great for business or pleasure and I would recommend this hotel to anybody. It is one of the better hotels I have stayed in and I would go back. It is well worth the price esecially if you request a room overlooking fountain square!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Vef614
Reviewed February 9, 2010

The entrance to the hotel is kind of odd, as is the connected city parking, but it is well lit, and inexpensive. The lobby is dimly lit, has an odd bar in the corner (kind of like an afterthought) and experiences some very low to the ground, '80s looking prestige furniture. Ok, so, how is the room?

Upon getting to the room, the solid glass wall that is the window is quite impressive, as is the view of the square and the skyline. Has a great big city feel. We oddly didn't have an ice bucket in the room, but otherwise the bed seemed comfortable and the room was a good size.

Didn't try any business features, but I got the feeling this was an a la carte hotel and that anything beyond our room would be pricey. We were just there to go to Boi Na Braza and Havana and then go back to Columbus the next morning.

Maybe because it was the weekend, maybe because of bad luck, but the loud music in the square did not turn off until 6 am! The windows muffled most of it, but if I was to wake up, my head would get fixated on the current song and not let me sleep. I think ear plugs would have fixed that, but this hotel is truly in the heart of downtown, so I'll chalk it up to some bad luck.

Overall, incredible location, impressive view, great for an overnight trip.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TravellingHombre
Reviewed February 6, 2010

I found myself with several cheerleading parents and cheerleaders for a cheer competition in late January. This was a wonderful place to stay, with the exception of having to pay $10 to log into the internet and finding that the only vending was in the parking garage. The room was very comfortable and clean. Very convenient to all of the hotels, shopping, and the convention center, as it was attached via a long stretch of skywalk. Downtown Cincinnati isn't necessarily a booming area after 9pm, with the exception of ice skating at the fountain, which was a lot of fun to watch. I booked through Hotwire and I was a little concerned after reading a review about being put on a less than desirable floor, but that wasn't the case. Everything was just as it should be and then some. Parking was very affordable and convenient and the coffee shop in the lobby made a very affordable and tasty hot breakfast as well.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family