“classic downtown luxury”

The Westin Cincinnati
Ranked #16 of 51 Hotels in Cincinnati
Reviewed July 20, 2014

excellent service, friendly staff, beautiful surrounding and location. Our king room was large and very comfortable. Our only complaint was that we had a room with a connecting door and we felt that the privacy was sub-par. We could hear them and we knew they could hear us. Fortunately we were not in our rooms at the same time enough for it to be a problem. right across form the square so a perfect location for any downtown activities and nightlife. Will defintely stay again

Room Tip: we stayed in 529. the view was OK, not of the square as we were hoping and the connecting door was...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
jcharlton, Manager at The Westin Cincinnati, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review regarding your recent stay at the Westin Cincinnati and the fantastic '5-star' rating. Our team genuinely appreciated reading your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future. Stay well.

Reviewed July 19, 2014

I've stayed at the Westin many times on business tripsto Cincinnati, and keep going back. Location is very centric, rooms are spacious, the heavenly bed is mazing, and the service is great. Hands down, the best business hotel in Cincinnati

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to post your wonderful comments and the '5-star' rating. We genuinely appreciate your loyalty to the Westin Cincinnati and look forward to continuing to earn your business. Please let us know the next time you will be staying with us by emailing me at jeff.charlton@westin.com. Stay well.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

This hotel was a quick 3 block walk from the Duke Energy Convention Center and surrounded by upper scale restaurants and bistros, including a McCormick & Schmicks Seafood Restaurant in the hotel itself. There is also a Rock Bottom Brewery, Starbucks, Subway restaurant and an ice cream parlor very close by. The Heavenly bath and bedding make the room 5-star comfortable. Furniture is nice and stylish including a very large desk with lots of easily accessible electrical outlets. The shower fixtures in the bathroom are high-end with a rain shower feature and a hand-held power sprayer. The staff was professional and pleasant. Would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Nice view of the Fountain Plaza from room 411
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for posting a review about your experience at the Westin Cincinnati and the fantastic '5-star' rating. We sincerely appreciate all the great comments you made regarding our location, property and out team, and look forward to welcoming you back very soon. Stay well.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

My experience with the Westin began when I was unable to find the reservation I thought I'd made 2 months in advance. We were going into town for a concert and were going to print our confirmation and I couldn't find it. Neither could the reservations staff. So here I am, two days before the concert, with every hotel in the city sold out, and I don't have a reservation.

"My husband is going to KILL me!" I tell the reservation staff member. "Don't give up on me yet!" she replied! She promptely located and reserved the room for me (though not at the rate I'd originally found!). *Phew!* Disaster avoided.

We get to the hotel and we are in the elevator with someone from the hotel staff. He politely greet us, tells us his name (I wish I could remember what it was!) and introduces himself as the head of housekeeping. He asks us to call him directly with any concerns about our room. What a WONDERFUL offer!

We typically stay on Hilton properties, but we've certainly had some EXCELLENT service at the Westin Cincinnati. We appreciate all that was done for us, especially that weekend!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
jcharlton, Manager at The Westin Cincinnati, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay at the Westin Cincinnati and the fantastic "5-star" rating. Our team is delighted to know we were able to handle your reservation, so you could move forward with having a great weekend and enjoy the concert. We look forward to the next event you attend in Cincinnati and welcoming you back to the Westin. Stay well.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

Everyone knows that when a hotel is "sold out" there are undoubtedly available rooms. I called to make a reservation after seeing availability on a third party website. The VERY kind gentleman I spoke with told me the rooms were in fact booked, and there was not a wait list. When I asked him if he could start a wait list, he said he was unable to. He did say, though, that occasionally they had saved extra rooms for people in town for events (such as Reds games).

I called back the next day to see if there had been any cancellations. This time, the lady was not pleasant at all and told me that was very unlikely and the wait list was at capacity with 20 people on it, so I couldn't be added. She actually advised me to look at the Hilton for availability (where was her brand loyalty?).

A third (and last time) I called back (this morning), I was told there were cancellations but they were unable to book any of those rooms yet. The lady I spoke with told me I needed to speak with someone who's name I do not remember (possibly David), but he would not be in until 9AM.

Overall, I just love Starwood Hotels, specifically The Westin. I didn't want to stay at a Hilton, or a Marriott. Unless they were all unaware of what was going on & hotel procedures, I would have appreciated them being straight-forward.

I apologize for my rant, but I had three different stories from three different employees. I wish they had some sort of open room alert!

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Courtney H

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments and sincerely apologize that you experienced challenges with our reservations department. We can assure you, your feedback has been shared with the team so another guest does not have a similar experience such as yours. Stay well.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

I rarely write reviews, but in this case I had to. On a college visit with my son earlier this year, we stayed at The Westin and every aspect of our experience was spot on. The staff was friendly and inviting, always near when we needed a question answered and knowledgeable with insightful information. The room was spotless and the absolutely perfect. I recommend this property to anyone visiting the Cincinnati area!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
jcharlton, Manager at The Westin Cincinnati, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

We appreciate you taking the time to post a review about your stay at the Westin Cincinnati and the wonderful "5-star" rating. We hope your son has selected Cincinnati as a place to continue his education, which would provide a greater opportunity to welcome you back. Stay well.

Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

From the valet parking to check-out, our experience was exceptional!! My daughter and I came to Cincinnati for the Bruno Mars concert at US Bank Arena. Staff helped us with directions and we walked to the arena! Beautiful fountain square view and comfy beds...the Westin will always be my first choice!!

Stayed: June 2014
jcharlton, Manager at The Westin Cincinnati, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review regarding your recent stay at the Westin Cincinnati and the wonderful '5-star' rating. We are delighted that you and your daughter has such a great experience, and we were able to be part of creating the memories. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Westin when your travel plans bring you back to Cincinnati. Stay well.