“Very nice hotel in the middle of downtown”

The Westin Cincinnati
Ranked #17 of 52 Hotels in Cincinnati
Reviewed April 1, 2014

I traveled to this hotel for business in March 2014. Unfortunately my check in process wasn't quite as great as some of the other reviews on here. I wasn't given instructions on the internet, and info about nearby restaurants or much of anything else. This isn't the biggest deal, but once I spoke with others, I realized I was missing out on a nice map of Cincinnatti.

Other then that I don't have many complaints. I thought all the food offered to us (we ate breakfast and lunch through the meeting in the hotel), and it was all wonderful. I really appreciated that they tried to have healthy options at all the meals, and I thought it was all very well prepared. I also appreciated the service staff during meals very much. They were very attentive, and came with refills before you could even ask.

I had a room on a lower floor- The room was very nice, and I loved the bed, it was so comfortable. I know this is no fault of the hotel, but unfortunately they were doing construction next door, so they started making lots of noise early every morning. Just be aware, and ask for a quieter room if you think it might be a problem.

My biggest disappointment- they didn't have a spa! If they had, I would definitely have used it!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
jcharlton, Manager at The Westin Cincinnati, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your recent stay at the Westin Cincinnati. We sincerely apologize that your expereince with a member of our Front Desk team was less than engaging. Our Banquet and Culinary teams are delighted to receive your feeback regarding the satisfaction with our menus and service. We hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the very near future. Stay well.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,151)

Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

Great room. Great bed. Wonderful pool and workout facilities. I like the new process of getting 5 dollars back when you use the same towels two nights in a row. The girl was very kind when we checked in. She got us a map, restaurant guide, even a pizza list and some free appetizers. Quite a nice young thanks. Enjoyed Cincinnati. Very friendly people

Stayed: March 2014
jcharlton, Manager at The Westin Cincinnati, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review about your recent experience at the Westin Cincinnati and the fantastic '5-star' rating. We are pleased you appreciated the Starwood Hotels and Resorts initiative with our Make a Green Choice Program and our team was delighted to hear about the service you received. We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future. Stay well.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

The service is quick and good. The restaurant offers a lot of healthy options. However, at breakfast, the muffins are never labeled! Actually, half are labeled and the other half are not. I have to ask the staff which muffin is which, and often times I point to the muffin I want - the cream cheese one! - and end up with a cranberry muffin. I eat there frequently and watch other guests go through the same process of trying to figure out which is which. Who knows if they get what they asked for. Is it too much to ask for the muffins to be labeled?

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to provide us your feeback on our Ingredients Restaurant. We appreciate your comments regarding the muffin labeling and will be addressinig this immediately. If you have any additional feedback, please contact our Food & Beverage Manager directly at kelli.chapman@westin.com.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

Our organization needed a hotel in downtown Cincinnati that could handle a large group (350 rooms needed over 3 days) and was close to the Cincinnati Memorial Hall. Shannon Bernstein was our contact for our time there and took very good care of us. We had numerous requests and they were all met and exceeded. The staff was very helpful and professional. It is without hesitation that I would recommend The Westin Cincinnati for your group needs.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
jcharlton, Manager at The Westin Cincinnati, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

Thank you for completing a review on your recent experience at the Westin Cincinnati. We are delighted we were able to accommodate your group and please everyone had a good time. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon. Stay well.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

I just have to say, the front desk manager is very nice, didn't catch her name but very nice. As for the housekeeping staff, they could care less! I work 3rd shift, which is hard enough as it is, they were told at least 3 times, one by me in my robe in the hallway to please be quiet. I'm not sure who trains these people but that and making sure the doors are adjusted so they are quiet should be protocol. It seems to me that with unemployment at a record high that Westin could get some people who really want there job and would respect the customer enough to just be quiet. Lack of training I say, or maybe they just don't care. What a shame! What have we done with our fine work ethic, shipped it off to china I guess. I wouldn't stay here if I wasn't forced to by my company. Expecting peace and quiet..... Don't stay here!

• Stayed: March 2014
jcharlton, Manager at The Westin Cincinnati, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on your recent experience at the Westin Cincinnati. We genuinely apologize for the disturbances you encountered and the inability to rest and renew. I would appreciated the opportunity to address your concerns directly and at your convenience, please contact me a jeff.charlton@westin.com. Stay well.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

I arrived late at night, the lady that greet me was very courteous and attentive, she found out that I had a membership that was not using and up date for me. I will go back next time that I will be in town.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
jcharlton, Manager at The Westin Cincinnati, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review regarding your recent experience at the Westin Cincinnati and the great '5-star' rating. Our team is very appreciative of your comments and look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you to Cincinnati. Stay well.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

My husband and I traveled to Cincinnati to see the play, Wicked. Needing a hotel downtown, I found that the Westin is within 2 blocks of the theater making it a perfect location. We enjoyed our stay. The room was clean and spacious. If I were to change one thing it would be the pillows. The bed pillows were to soft.
The hotel is located directly across the street from Fountain Square.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review about your stay at the Westin Cincinnati. We genuinely appreciate the feedback, and our teams are please to know about your enjoyable experience. Stay well.