1,254 results
All reviews heavenly bed fountain square fountain view across the street pool and hot tub business hotel top floor within walking distance self parking first floor location is great heart of downtown front desk staff free internet per day great american ballpark paul brown stadium
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Visited on a sat. Front desk was great but bar staff was very short with every guest and not happy to be here. The guys that are usaally here much better. It was after a reds game and semi busy. They should really have more than one bartender working at a time.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I travel to Cincinnati for work a lot and have a choice of 4 hotels. The Westin is the best choice among many bad options. The rooms are clean and somewhat modern. The problem is the service is very inconsistent. Sometimes the staff if on point and other times, they can be down right surly.

On my last stay two weeks ago, I inadvertently left a computer cable in my room. I called the hotel later that day to ask for it to be returned. It took three separate calls on my part before someone told me that the cable wasn't turned in by housekeeping. What's worse; stealing a $25 cable or me having to call the hotel 3 times to get this information?

When I complained on The Westin's Facebook page, I got a fast response and was asked to email details to their corporate offices. A week and a half later, I'm still waiting for someone to respond to my issue.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We live in Cincinnati and decided to stay downtown to attend the Bengals game and enjoy The Banks. My family and I had the pleasure of staying at The Westin Cincinnati. I am a SPG member and was able to use points for my stay and upgrade to a Luxury King room. We arrived earlier than the check-in time and didn't expect to get a room so early. However, the front desk clerk checked us in with a smile and a truly helpful attitude. Everyone at the desk that day was friendly and delightful even though it was a busy check-in/check-out time. The clerk engaged us in sincere and thoughtful conversation. She asked my youngest son how he was doing and what we were doing that day. He said that we were going to the game and that it was his brother's birthday. She was very sweet and listened attentively as she was multi-tasking (which is not an easy feat!). She was able to secure us a room even though we were early and was thoughtful enough to send us an amenity to our room later that night.
As I mentioned before, I am a SPG member and my visit to this hotel solidifies the reason why I am and why I will drive a bit further to stay in SPG hotels. The front desk and the entire Westin Cincinnati staff that we met at the hotel were outstanding. My family looks forward to returning soon! Thanks!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Wife and I live in the suburbs outside of the city. Decided to spend the night downtown and enjoy dinner and night life. I always wanted to stay at the Westin because it has the best view of Fountain Square.

Pros-
-Our room had a great 15th floor view of Fountain Square.
-The room was clean and comfortable.
-The shower seemed bigger than what I see in most hotels.
-Close to the Banks and night life.
-They have a pool. We didn’t use it, but they have one if needed.
-For safety purposes you need to use your room key before selecting your floor on the elevator.
-Pleasant staff working at the front desk.

Cons-
-Room wasn't ready at check-in. Was very upset so they gave me a 10% discount. There is a reason why check-out is at 11:AM…so the cleaning staff has plenty of time to get ready for the 4:PM check-in. Rooms should always be ready at check-in.
-Walls are thin - had to listen to a couple arguing for about an hour...screaming/yelling...was ugly...not the hotels fault...but walls seem thin.
-Very high price for a hotel in downtown Cincinnati.

Pro or Con depending on how you look at it-
-MLB baseball teams stay at this hotel when they come to town. I found this out when I found myself in the check-out line with Pittsburg Pirate coaches and players.

Not a bad hotel, but there is nothing special about it either other than it has the best view of fountain square. My opinion the price is too high for a Cincinnati hotel with a view of Fountain Square…next time we will take a cab downtown, enjoy the nightlife, then take a cab back home.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rjstone
Reviewed August 20, 2013

First: If you want to sleep before midnight on the weekends, DON'T get a room that faces Fountain Square!! In the summer, the have concerts and entertainment that's very loud.

Overall, our stay here was great. We only stayed one night for a wedding, but everything was clean and we got the adjoining rooms we requested. Self parking is easy, and much cheaper than valet.

Room Tip: For a quiet room, don't stay on the side that overlooks Fountain Square
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family