“Average. Tiny bathroom.”

The Westin Cincinnati
Ranked #15 of 51 Hotels in Cincinnati
“Average. Tiny bathroom.”
Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

Manager wasn't overly helpful. Average stay. Great location. The common areas need renovations. The heavenly bath was a tiny shower. Not impressed with the bathroom. Tiny. I've stayed in worse in the area, but also much better.

• Stayed January 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (249)
  • Korean first
Milford, Ohio
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I checked in for a 1 night stay as a Gold Starwood member using my starpoints. The evening was special as my husband and I were going out (without kids, a rare occurrence!) to the theater and spend the night downtown. The tickets were my birthday present from the week before.

While at the desk checking in, I asked for an upgraded room. As Nicole Norfleet, the front desk attendant, and I chatted, I made the off-hand comment to her that it was a special night out without kids for my birthday so a better room would be nice if it was available. Unfortunately, the hotel was sold out, but I did get a King room room facing Fountain Square anyway. I got all checked in, met my husband for dinner and came back to the room to change for the show.

To my surprise and delight, in my room there awaited a bottle of chilled champagne and a box of truffles along with a handwritten note from Nicole wishing me a Happy Birthday and a wonderful evening and, of course, offering assistance for anything else we might want during our stay.

Needless to say, it is the little touches that make something special and this did it for me. She took a small comment made while checking in and turned it into a memorable experience. Nice job, Nicole and Westin Cinci! Thank you for making my birthday stay truly perfect!

Room Tip: High floor overlooking Fountain Square is beautiful at night!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I went to the Westin for New Year's Eve 2012 and was incredibly impressed by all the employees. I never encountered not even one person who didn't go above and beyond. It started at check-in with DeJuan at the front desk. He was extremely friendly and really worked with me to make my stay very memorable. This was my first time in a big city and I will definitely be back and tell my friends, family and coworkers to go here. Nearly immediately after check-in, I met Mr. Carl in housekeeping. He also went above and beyond to make my stay everything I wanted and more. I was so astounded at how amazing the customer service was at this property.

As for the location, it is located smack in the middle of downtown, which is exactly what I wanted. I parked my car in a lot under the hotel which was cheaper than valet and walked everywhere. It was wonderful. The parking for overnight for one night was $15 in comparison to the $28 valet, so definitely worth knowing.

Room Tip: I prefer a higher floor just because of the view, but if elevator ease is important, I would advise...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed January 1, 2013

This hotel is located in the heart of downtown Cincinnati, convenient for walking to all downtown attractions as well as the restaurants and bars in the historic Over-the-Rhine part of town. The staff are all great - very friendly and accomodating. Rooms are large and the beds are comfortable. Our room had a small refrigerator without a freezer that looked like former amini-bar. Very convenient for snacks or drinks. The casual restaurant on the premises - Ingredients - has great food and is reasonably priced. Great option for breakfast or lunch, but closed at dinnertime. We opted for the extra cost of a Fountain Square view room. It was New Year's Eve and we wanted to enjoy the activities on the Square - skating on the square, the crowd, the laser lighting on the surrounding buildings, and the fireworks at midnight - without the cold weather. That worked out great, but beware. We could hear the bands playing, and light sleepers would be annoyed if they wanted to go to bed before the music ends during the many special events on the Square. The only downside for us was the slow elevators. True, it was very crowded on New Year's Eve, but even the next morning with few people around, there were occasional long waits for the elevators.

Room Tip: Fountain Square view rooms are not quiet if there is a band playing during one of the many special e...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Evansville, Indiana
Reviewed December 31, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel with my friend. We were impressed by tboth the room and quality staffs. Julie, who checked us in, welcomed us with a smile. She also provided us very helpful local knowledge on where to go and what to do. Great attitude. I will always remember her smile.

We got a room with two double beds. The room was very ample and comfortable. I quickly learned that there is a reason why the beds are called "heavenly beds."

It was very easy to get to this hotel from the highway exit. Obviously, we did not have to drive to check out the city, as the hotel is right in the middle of downtown.

Guest keys are required for both elevators and bathrooms in the lobby area; I felt sense of safety and tidines.

The last, but not the least, staffs like Julie are distinguishing this hotel from a good hotel to a great hotel. I can highly recommend this hotel to anyone, and I will come back to this hotel on my next vist to Cincinnati.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Tsubasa_skier
Florence, Kentucky
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Recently took our 13 yr. old daughter and several friends for an overnight stay for her birthday party. Every staff member we encountered couldn't have been any nicer! Rooms overlooked Fountain Square and were very clean!

Made this a birthday my daughter, and her friends, will never forget!!! Thank you!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Jen B
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Third time in Cincinnati for work in the past year and, by far, the best hotel at which I've stayed. Super easy to get to off the freeway and very well-positioned downtown with nearby shopping (Macy's, Saks, other retail) and a plethora of dining options steps away ranging from McCormick & Schmick's to Chipotle. There's a Graeter's across the street as well, for those looking for ice cream from the Cincy institution. As for the hotel, the staff is friendly ... check-in quick & painless ... rooms are clean & typical Westin, possibly a little larger than some. My nitpicks: View stinks (back of some crusty buildings) and underground parking is owned by the city - which means you have to pay every time you go in and out. Price is about what you'd expect but kinda annoying that there's no daily in/out rate. Of course, there is a valet option. All of that said, the price here is super competitive (especially for a Westin, even if it is Ohio) and I'd definitely choose this property over the previous places I'd stayed in Cincinnati.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business